ABS Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS Light

hey yall its been a while but my ABS light is on and theres a noise coming from the driver side of engine bay so i guess its that box does it need to be changed ?

Pull the code, let us know what it is.

I have my guesses, but to be sure, get the code.
    1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
    C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
    MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
    ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
    You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Yeah, pull the code and check the fluid level of your brakes...I know mine came on when my fluid was low. Which was caused partially by my brakes needing changing.

Comment

Check brake fluid in the master, but ALSO in the ABS modulator. If it's low, it'll buzz a lot, and throw a code.

Comment

Mine's still messed up. I replaced the internal o-rings James recommended. I bled it correctly (so I think) according to the Helms. Still nothing. I unplugged the sucker from the passenger side panel by the door so the light wouldnt come on and try to charge. Very frustrating. Last time I checked my code was 8-2, high pressure system somethin. Would LOVE to finally get this fixed and have it working by winter.
          1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
          CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
          PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

You might need to suck up and buy a modulator

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
              You might need to suck up and buy a modulator
              Probably. But I don't want an ebay one to just fail again, which I've heard happening. But it's either $100 on ebay or close to $1000 from Honda for a brand new one. It's just a gamble.

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I've been harvesting parts from other Honda/Acuras to try and rebuild mine.

I have come to the conclusion that code 8-2 is caused by the High Pressure Relief Valve mounted below the Reservior; see the photo below, it's the little guy off to the left with the yellow cap and o-ring above it. I've collected two extra Relief Valves; broke the yellow filter screen on one. They are tiny and have no markings, which makes finding a replacement very difficult. I've also been trying PB Blaster soak sessions to try and "refurbish" the Relief Valve body even though I am pretty confident it has nothing to do with being clogged. At my job, I see relief valves fail all the time, they just fail to seat properly cause the spring inside is old and tired; and these little buggers in our modulators has one spring that does not look like it can be removed or replaced. Another possibility is that o-ring that the Relief Valve sits on. A o-ring could fail before the Relief Valve internals, which may allow High Pressure fluid to pass the relief valve.

I was in the process of measuring all the internal o-rings and locating replacements since you cannot buy these from Honda.

I was also bench testing all the solenoids and cleaning them with PB Blaster.

My next task was to find a newer Nissin ABS Modulator and tear it apart to see if it uses the same internals as our ABS Modulator (Nissin ALB3).

All this got put on hold due to family issues, but I've still got all my parts and I haven't removed the ABS bulb from my gauges so as to remind me of what I still need to do (that ABS light drives me NUUUTS!)

1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
                C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
                MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
                ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
                You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Yeah.......I don't have the time to do all that lol. Guess I'll try replacing it.

Comment

I started reading James' post and I didn't read who it was from...after I started understanding all the R&D going into that post I said to myself, "that's gotta be the dude with the bad coil!!"

sure enough

Comment

I just pulled the ABS relay...because mine was buzzing every couple of minutes.

light is on...but it doesn't bother me. I guess we all have that issue..
                      92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                      My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7 View Post
                        I just pulled the ABS relay...because mine was buzzing every couple of minutes.

I would do what I did and pull the orange plug on the kick panel on the passenger side. It'll keep the ABS from charging and get rid of the embarrassing dash light.

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7 View Post
                          Nope, can't say I do, mine is working properly

However I do have that stupid warning light telling me I have a brake light out because of the LED brake lights. Gotta get around to tearing the dash apart to remove it!

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
                            Nope, can't say I do, mine is working properly

However I do have that stupid warning light telling me I have a brake light out because of the LED brake lights. Gotta get around to tearing the dash apart to remove it!
                            Orrr just put normal bulbs in ya ricer

Comment

The ABS in our cars sucks big chocolate salty balls.

Also, ABS is for chicks and seniors.

You would be doing yourself a favour by disabling it.

Just my $.02

Comment

Working...
                              X