bleeding the clutch. help =/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bleeding the clutch. help =/

alright ive been on this search mode for like a hour now lol well im haveing a common problem with the clutch. for some reason driving from my house to my boys house my clutch griping about an inch off the floor. kinda feels alittle better to drive but thatss just mee ehh lol (i know its bad) but i get there right. 2 hours later im going to leave. the clutch is hitting the floor and i cant put it in gearr with out grinding. look at the resivor (sry spelling sucks) bone dry. i buy some break fluid do4 till its filled to the tippy top. pump the clutch alittle nd i get right back to thee inch off the floor and it griping ive been driveing it for about 2 nd a half days. nd the resivor still filled. i know i have to some how bleed the system but i dont have a clue where the breather is. i here u have to have your buddy have him push the clutch down nd stuff. can any one help me out with like a short diy to bleed the clutch?? if the thread exist sorry for the repost. i just couldent find it for nun.
    thanx for your inputs

The bleeder screw is on the slave cylinder. It's on the transmission, on the front side, a bit forward, and below the distributor housing.

Comment

Alrright Cool I Found It But How Does This Exatly Work. I Havee My Buddy Hold My Clutch Down I Release The Valve Put It Tightly Back On And Have Him Let Go?? Do I Need To Leave The Cap For The Fluid On Off?? Sorry Bout The Dumb Questions Its Just My Only Day Off And Tommarow Its Work Time Lol Thanks =]

Comment

I LOVE GOOGLE LOL IM ASSUMING ITS LIKE THIS? "bleed the same as brakes...need fluid,a rag and a 11mm spanner...simply loosen the bleed nipple on the slave cylnder[on the box] and pump till no air bubbles come out,then tighten the nipple at the same time the clutch peddle is depressed."

Comment

make sure the reservoir is full, put the cap on. Have you buddy push the pedal in and out 10-20t times at a reasonably slow rate. Have him hold it to the floor. Crack the bleeder screw and let some fluid out, tight the bleeder screw and you pedal can let go of the pedal, make sure there is still plenty of fluid in the reservoir. Keep doing this until you see no air bubbles and you should notice that the pedal will gain some pressure not as much as a break pedal would but in a sense the bleeding process is the same just feels different on the foot.

Comment

alright cool will do thanx

Comment

ohh yeaa got my clutch pedel back but yea theres deffanate leak where are some possable places it might be comming from? i checked the hose behind the resivor as well as the slave cylinder nd dry. i just see a drip right where the clutch connects to the tranny. could it be like inside the clutch?? or another hose some where?

Comment

i have the same problem make sure to check if u have fluids becayse once it goes dry you'll have to keep flushing it. I see a drip also where you describe it but so busy with school and work no time to check i just keep my fluids topped.

Comment

check the master cylinder
                  ____

Comment

Master cylinder and check all lines leading to the transmission.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

yea i think i found it. its under the boot on the slave cylinder. its pritty bad but not too bad. it leakes out in about 2 days just took me a while to find it cause it was pritty dirty. and for anyone that has simaler problems if there are little black looking dirt particals in the break fluid its time to replace the master and the slave cylinder. my question is think it would be pritty dumb to change just the slave? its the only spot its leaking and i did some research nd look real simple to change. major thing is to bleed the system right?? i know the master cylinder is alittle more tricky but i dont really have the time nd money nd it dont even look bad to begin with
                      Last edited by accordguy69; 10-26-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

i believe its the same way as bleeding the brakes whatever you do dont have the valve open and let the peddle up because air will get back in and it will take even longer

Comment

alright i did it no leaks =] one problem..... i broke the bleeding screw =/ thank god i already bled the system everythings fine i just cant bleed it for now. ima have to replace it again for my dumb mistake. but w.e but to make it simple for any one who needs to change the SLAVE CYLINDER. 2 screws on the bottem take out the clutch pipe and that ball just is in place with presure. as soon as you take the 2 screws off nd the clutch pipe its off..the only bit** was putting on the boot any the screws together. nd bleeding but word to the wise. dont over tighten. dont make the same mistake i did lol thanks for all ya inputs really helped

Comment

Working...
                          X