Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help and advice going from h22 swap back to f22 or f23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help and advice going from h22 swap back to f22 or f23

So I blew the h22a4 up that was in my accord and I don't have the money currently to rebuild or replace it. I bought the car with the swap done and I am unsure of all the things that got changed. What I need to know pretty much if I drop a f23 in what changes need to made to the harness to plug up. Currently has a chipped p28 in it would it be better to just get a basemap chip for that or a stock ecu? Just looking for my cheap options and some advice really have about $800 and need this car to run within the next week. I have a decent amount if knowledge and experience working on cars so I plan to do it myself however being on a budget wanted advice, opinions and thoughts. Can post pics if you guys want.

Where you're located could weigh heavily in how cheaply you can do this. In Houston and Dallas I can go buy a low-mile JDM F23A for around $350 with case.

At the bare minimum you would need the upper section of the exhaust manifold, an IACV adapter, and the mount bracket from the driver's side of a '90-'93 Accord.

Manifold - If the swap you buy comes with the manifold, all the better. If you currently have an aftermarket header on the car, you'll want an aftermarket header for a '94-'02 Accord to use the top section from it.

IACV - The F23A uses the newer 3-wire IACV which your ECU won't know how to read. Buy this adapter to run the IACV off of your current H22A.

Mount - You want the bracket that attaches to the engine block on the driver's side that originally came with the F22A.

The distributor will also need to be addressed, but you never mentioned whether you had internal coil or external coil.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
    X