EXT: Rim Polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Rim Polishing

well someone on this site helped me think of this method...later ill announce who it is.

i have had a really bad time with my rims for the last 5 years. a long time ago i let the water sit on my rim and it killed it...made it look ugly. usually i wax the rim but that doesnt last long.

After hearing about this i had to try it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Materials:
    Mothers: Mag & Aluminum cleaner (found at any auto store $3.99)
    Buffer...high speed (optional)*usually most would do good without a high speed or a buffer...yet i just couldnt get it to look nice, so i whipped out my sander--->converted into a buffer/polisher hahaha
    Rags: 2 to 4 of them...perferably terry or microfiber. (i used cotton).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Procedure:

1. first clean the rim...i was lazy so i just wiped the outside of the rim and decided later ill clean the rest.

2. get the application rag and apply a small but decent amount on it and then rub into the rim a section at a time. try to rub in the trouble spots more....

3. either buff off or use the high speed buffer to take it off
    4. inspect the rim and try again if there is any trouble spots....
    starting product

after first clean

..still spots see

after 2nd clean

....much nicer...it can be better

after 3rd clean

pretty easy isnt it? not in my case, i had to do at least 6 applications and buffings for my rim. but really it was worth it in the end. but this process took me umm...3 hours...thats cause i was playing with the dremel and how to apply it.

2 rims took me an hour....since i did it soo many times and took breaks every damn time hahahah!

Finished product!!

This is a very easy DIY. Most people dont concider the fact that their rims look wack....i do....and you guys thought i had a clean car!! hahahah.

Later ill clean it up and apply this stuff on the spots where the brake dusts sits....

BTW: this product gets out stains like nothing...i had some brake dust stains from years ago...this product worked like a charm...

Hope you guys enjoy...for the person who helped me...thanks...when i find out your name ill post it here.
    Last edited by accordztech; 12-20-2003, 05:01 AM.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

dayyumn, that made a gigantic difference, nice work

Comment

Good DIY... there ztech.. too bad no one really has their alloys anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
        Good DIY... there ztech.. too bad no one really has their alloys anymore..
        im gonna go out and polish my hubcaps. very nice DIY tho, if i ever get a set of 5th gen alloys, this will be the first thing i do to them.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

you think that will work on my polished lip on my wheels

ppi
          DD: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
          PC: *searching*

Comment

for sure it will work on the polished lip..

Comment

o yea no doubt...
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                im gonna go out and polish my hubcaps. very nice DIY tho, if i ever get a set of 5th gen alloys, this will be the first thing i do to them.
                Umm get new hubs, theyre so cheap its not worth cleaning or anything

Comment

haha common, save some money....clean em...

you know what would look sweet, gunmetal caps mMMmm...or some other color haha that would be bad ass

Retro!

Hater

Comment

either way... i reccomend using a microfiber towel.. i bought about 20 of em.. they work wonders for removing polish and what not... beautiful and no lint or anything... microfiber is so sexy its craaaaaazy.. (just messin)..

Comment

when i get some cash ill probably buy some microfiber towels.. i felt them and really i can just say that they really are good towels...there is a site that sells them at a discount...ill post it later.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

yeah do post a link im sure alot of people would want to buy em.. i just buy em from a normal store.. i buy the Turtle Wax brand cloths theyre super high quality.. theyre only like 12 bux for 3 of em..

Comment

i was kidding about polishing my hubcaps

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

looks good man. with a whole lot of us going the 5gen alloy route, i'm sure this will be beneficial.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Nice diy too bad i dont have my shits on Though i already painted my caps with the plastic covers off em to a jet black

Comment

Working...
                              X