No announcement yet.

ENG: Erratic Idle Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm going to try blocking my Air Boost off soon, my erratic idle has returned, although the air boost valve was originally the culprit.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

this is a very good write up, alot of good information here...

should be stickied!!
      .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

This is one of the best threads on here.

Comment

has my writeup actually helped anyone fix their erratic idle? just curious.
          I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

Good stuff Torqstr

Just a couple things:
            Isn't removing the ECU backup fuse after already removing the battery cable redundant? I'm pretty sure there isn't a backup battery on that circuit...then again I don't know everything.

But I do know that the EGR function info is incorrect. You're describing something else, can't remember the name. The EGR does just as its name says (exhaust gas recirculation) when the engine is at a high enough temp, and at certain throttle conditions.
            Regardless, the procedure was the important thing, and I think it was great. :TU:
            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

man i love this DIY!
              thnx

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

If you tighten the fit while cold what will happen?

I just threw some carb cleaner and snugged it pretty tight. I don't see a difference besides my acceleration pedal tighter and my car coming to a stop in drive, but that I think is brakes riding my rotors.
                No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Just wondering.... would an EGR valve from an F22 fit on an H22?
                  CD7 H22

CB7 H22

FROST WHITE CREW #33
                  Member's Ride Thread
                  Cardomain Page

Comment

yea it will there the same

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                    1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread
                    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Kool! Thanks
                      CD7 H22

CB7 H22

FROST WHITE CREW #33
                      Member's Ride Thread
                      Cardomain Page

Comment

Originally posted by 407accord
                        If you tighten the fitv while cold what will happen?

I just threw some carb cleaner and snugged it pretty tight. I don't see a difference besides my acceleration pedal tighter and my car coming to a stop in drive, but that I think is brakes riding my rotors.
                        let me try this again
                        No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Wanted to revive this...I've been having the up down idle problem myself.

I followed all said repairs...idle still went up and down.

So the culprit? The idle was set too high, turned that screw down and that fixed it. I followed the recommended repair...and the idle was still too low with the IACV plugged in. Raised it a hair...now steady at 900, 700 after it settles.

Still...I would not rule out completely all that cleaning...my IACV did need some cleaning on the screen...and I already regularly clean my TB...that alone can cause idle issues.

I did also screw in the other valve...but it didn't change anything on the idle.
                          ____

Comment

So you have the A6 manifold then, cuz if I'm mistaken the air boost only came with the A6?

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

bringing this thread back because i found it extremely helpful today since i have been having problems with my idle the past couple of weeks so i pulled all of the said items and cleaned them with carb cleaner and replaced i also changed my PCV valve and i learned my intake manifold coolant lines had been bypassed so i bought new line and reran everything and now everything is A-OK

Comment

just like to say again...another likely culprit is idle screw...mine backed out 3 times in like 2 months
                                ____

Comment

Working...
                                X