19dabeast85 : 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22HB
    lookin good man! oh and ss can be magnetic if it has a high percent of iron in it. the expensive ss has less iron and isn't magnetic.
    Yeah, that's very possible I guess, however the website I ordered from advertise them as being aluminized while Magnaflow advertises them as SS?? I dunno
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

All pieces of the exhaust system are in....cat....resonator....mandrel bends.....piping....muffler

I'm a little worried about how "straight-thru" the muffler is, I didn't know it was that extreme when I bought it, guess i'll have to wait and see how loud it is!

Taking it Monday to get welded up just before I drive 2.5 hours back home so i'll get to test out the sound/noise level on the road. On to some pics:

Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:34 AM.
      My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Are you welding up the exhaust together yourself?

Looking good

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

I don't have a welder nor the skills to use one, although ! know the theory just never learned, so I gotta take it to the exhaust shop.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I really wish I had a welder now.....the supposedly "professional" exhaust shops around Rock Hill are literally scared of mandrel bends that they'll have to weld up.

Quote by shop owner:
            "I got a fella in Charleston to weld up custom headers for my truck and that's pretty much what will have to be done here....it's just alot of cutting and welding. I mean, you wasted your money on all these bends because that cat is so small you would be just as well off with my own smaller crush-bent pipe. I'll be glad to do it, it just might take ALL day and cost you a fortune....uuumm-uh!!!!!! (shaking head)"

What a jerk-wad who's unconfident in his own work and is loosing business from me forever, I'm not taking it to him if he's balking about doing it. I called a couple other shops in Rock Hill and got similar reactions.

Then I called a shop back home that I've heard good things about, and told him what I wanted and he's got absolutely no problem doing it "Yeah, I'm not scared of that". LOL.

cheap, sorry, crap exhaust shops....what's wrong with people not wanting to take on a small challenge?? I always welcome a challenge as a chance to learn and make myself better. /end rant

So anyway, the exhaust is postponed until sometime later this week after I get home, I'll keep everyone updated!
            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Picked my car up from the exhaust shop today! They were only able to fit the one 22" resonator under there......I'll upload a video later but it's taking forever with my dsl at home.

Initial thoughts:

Sounds awesome and throaty at idle and great at all rpms pretty much....not ricery at all, no raspiness whatsoever.

Only complaint is that it's pretty dang loud because of the straight-thru design, I might end up changing the muffler out, but I'll first sound-proof my car and then see if it still bothers me..........video doesn't do it justice as far as sound goes, it sounds a little ricey in the video, but it's just the crappy pickup on my digital camera.

Anywho, video up in about 30-45 min lol, slooowww dsl.
              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

hurry up with the video ........ j/p

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Well it looks like the dsl is acting up and can't handle a 50mb upload. I took a screenshot and extracted the audio, so hopefully I can get the audio to link correctly:

Sorry for the resolution, better pic later.

The engine spurt towards the middle of the clip is my foot, not an idle problem, lol.

Audio link
                  Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:34 AM.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

sounds pretty good man, looks good as well.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

wow exhaust sounds nice, esp up in the higher rpms! so how much did that all cost to weld up and total with parts? I kinda went the easy route and got a greddy evo 2 catback lol, but i'm not complaining. keep it up man!

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                        wow exhaust sounds nice, esp up in the higher rpms! so how much did that all cost to weld up and total with parts? I kinda went the easy route and got a greddy evo 2 catback lol, but i'm not complaining. keep it up man!
                        Total cost was around $350 I think, but I got a custom setup that sounds good and is tucked really well = no scraping issues later
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Been awhile since an update, last weekend I got the H23 IM & PT6 swapped in, and a fuel filter change while it was easy to access. It runs great and definitely has a power improvement throughout the rpm band, especially at higher rpms. I can barely tell when the secondaries open up, depending on conditions. Once it sounded almost like vtec kicking in but usually just a slight tone change, maybe because my muffler is too loud to hear much anything else, lol.

Having slight issues with the TC lockup which I think is because of a miss-adjusted kickdown cable.

I will be installing the a6 cam, replacing brake master, and finishing my edead sound dampening in the next couple days. I've been away from home this week but promise updated pictures soon!!

One note: This intake has definitely improved my gas mileage, i've been driving it fairly aggressively which normally returns ~23 mpg but I just filled up and it's getting ~24.7 mpg. We'll see which way the a6 cam makes that move though.....
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

thats good to hear.

I also second on the exhaust. I like the way it sounds.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Well here are some pictures of what i've been up to lately:

I installed the H23 IM & PT6 onto the F22a1 w/ DC header & current exhaust setup......the IM & ecu definitely improved performance all around, especially in the mid-upper range. About a week later I installed the a6 cam to complete the "oem performance" package.

I didn't really notice much improvement from the cam until I got it out on the interstate. It holds speeds and merges MUCH better than before, even alot better than having just the H23 IM. It pulls very well up to 110mph considering the block is stock internals with the low F22 compression ratio. Along with the cam I immediately noticed better fuel mileage under the same driving condition due to a more efficient engine all-around.

Other things going on:

I've installed edead V1se2 over the whole trunk, trunk walls, fender wells, and then up to just in-front-of the rear seat, including the seat back itself. I put down a coat of edead liquid v3 underneath the v1 mainly on the trunk floor around the muffler area. I have yet to do the rear deck, and front of the cabin area up to the firewall. I am going to put their 1/4" v4 on the exterior panels of the 4 doors (hopefully) and also underneath the rear deck. If all of this doesn't reduce muffler noise I'm going to have to get a quieter muffler. It's loudest @ 80mph which is the speed I normally drive on the interstate. Below 75 and above 90 it seems to be much quieter.

I got the red/clears installed, but the right outer one needs adjustment somehow because it isn't really seated well and those right 2 lights rub when the trunk is closed.......and even though I replaced the gaskets and took extra care to install it properly, the trunk is still leaking on both sides from the taillights somehow. I haven't figured out where it's coming from and will try to fix that this weekend. Also, because of the snow here in Rock Hill recently, I've found that my trunk seal is letting water through it so I have a new one ordered.

And to add to the list of things to replace: I pulled apart the dizzy to replace its internal seal and found oil all over the igniter. I'm thinking this may be the reason why my car idles so rough at times because I have exhausted all other causes. I also found the plastic shield and rotor inside the dizzy were covered in a brown rust-like powder????? No idea what that could be but I've never seen it inside there before.

On a happier note, one of the above pictures shows a new addition to my dash! It looks a ton better than the ugly green numbers and actually has an un-broken button door!

Parts on order:
                              1. Trunk weatherstrip
                              2. Distributor cap & rotor
                              3. Dizzy internal dust shield (old one cracked and broken)
                              4. Igniter unit
                              5. Ignition coil to complete the ignition overhaul

I'm also expecting a new inner fender liner to come in today because the section under my cold air filter was ripped off by a 126mph wind gust recently.......

Hope ya'll enjoy
                              Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:37 AM.
                              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

nice cb man....ur ride is mad clean.....keep up the good work.....

My Cm7

My Cb7 (DD)

Comment

Working...
                                X