Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSharp's Turbo Fabrication thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice danny, wish I had access to welders.

thinking I might get one before I move on to my full build.

gunna wanna do my own exhaust.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

go for it man!
      spin city

Comment

I returned my distributor kings dizzy (cam sensor code) and they sent me a brand new one, but it was the wrong part. I would have this car running right now if it wasnt for that. I will have it running as soon as the new one comes in! I think I fixed the wideband too, so I will be able to tune it as soon as it gets running!
        spin city

Comment

This bitch rolls out now! Spins through first very quickly, and spins in the powerband of second!

According to data logging, I am using every bit of these 450cc injectors, they are just big enough! I haven't even had to hardly touch the basemap I made for my car, afr's are pretty much already where I wanted them to be. I am going to add in some more ignition and see how this motor likes it!

Now to the bad...

The car smokes, bad, but only after I am off the throttle. There is no iol in the intake and none on the sparkplugs. I know its leaking out of the exhaust side of the turbo.

The v-band clamp for my down pipe won't seal up for some reason! this is especially annoying when the turbo is spitting out oil smoke. I think the clamp might be the reason why. Ill look into it when I have the time.
          Last edited by dbsharp; 12-29-2009, 10:54 PM.
          spin city

Comment

nice man. glad to hear you got it up and goin.

get that smoke fixed, and show some ripper vids mang!
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

your turbo might be causing that smoke.

Comment

yea, I am pretty sure its the hotside oil seal. It only leaks when I come off the throttle after spinning the turbo hard. I think that the exhaust pressure is keeping the oil in the turbo while I'm on the throttle. It does not leak when I don't spool the turbo no matter what the rpm or oil pressure is.

When I rebuilt the turbo, I noticed that the shaft was mashed up a bit around the hotside oil seal grove. I think I may need a new turbine wheel/shaft to fix the issue. This isn't going to be fixed anytime soon unfortunately. Hopefully Ill get it taken care of in the next 6 months.
                spin city

Comment

DAaaaaaaaaaaamn! That diameter is HUGE.

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua View Post
                    DAaaaaaaaaaaamn! That diameter is HUGE.
                    Yea thats what she said.

More pics on the first page.
                    spin city

Comment

Time to re-build one of my motors. My current motor has been making a wrist pin knock for close to a year now! But... its been getting worse since this motor has been running again. My current clutch has had it with all the new torque.

So now I need to rebuild/ replace:
                      My motor
                      My turbo
                      MY clutch

Just minor shit though....

Anyone wanna buy a Yamaha Drum set? I need more cash!!
                      spin city

Comment

Thats some great stuff man. I love seeing DIY fabrication like this. Keep up the good work and good luck on your future plans!
                        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

thanks. Good luck would be getting my current parts to not break until I get new ones at this point! I am going to order some engine parts real soon though and get the ball rolling on rebuilding an engine.
                          spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                            thanks. Good luck would be getting my current parts to not break until I get new ones at this point! I am going to order some engine parts real soon though and get the ball rolling on rebuilding an engine.
                            haha I feel your pain brotha.
                            I feel your pain.

have fun with the build. your going to produce some great power.
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

It should be quick once I get it done. I can't wait to get track times.
                              spin city

Comment

hey man you doing some nice work with your turbo build.i might be calling you up soon to work on my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X