SUSP: Rear Upper Strut Bar

Parts needed:
    - 10mm socket
    - 14mm socket
    - socket wrench
    - box cutter or razor blade
    - car jack

Instructions:
    First of all start with putting down the back seat there is a little emergency latch in the trunk and then push it open.

Then the sides of the rear seat is where the strut bolts are located...
    (When In Back Seat)
    Pull Down the sides of the seats by lifting them up and then pull them down..

Once they are down then you are gonna have to take the rear decklid brace on the edge of the deck lid off they are just weird hooks you can just pull it off....

Next you need to take off the plastic thing from inside the car that are to the sides under where the back of the seat would rest against ...

You Might have to pull out the little clip first if you cant just pull it and it will come off but the circular clip will fly off.

Once the panel is off then you shold see a brace that goes vertical losen these bolts. I am pretty sure they are 10mm bolts...anyway take this brace off, you can put the strutbrace bracket on around them but its easier to take it off.

Next remove the bar from the bracket on the strutbraces. It makes installing the brackets easier!

Anyway there are two nuts around the strut that are 14mm take these off and place bracket part of the brace over the bolts to the strut...Put the nuts back on and make sure the bracket is facing straight across if not you either put on the wrong side or its upside down...

You are at a point when you're able to tighten the brace, but it's not going to be as effective as it could be becuase of the way the there os pressure on the brace as it is. To get rid of that, you can jack the car up slightly with the jack placed towards the center of the car. You don't even have to make the wheels come off the ground.....just enought to aleviate the body flex. For the setting of the brace and for tightening into place, I recommend that you jack the back of the car up slightly and then tighten everything. Lower the car and make sure that it's holding up and still loks in line and then you're good to go.

Once that part is done then line the bracket with the carpet and cut out the trunk lining with a box cutter so the piece fits all the way through the carpet......

Once this is done put everything back together the way you took them apart...and continue to the other side and do the same..

Once both brackets are installed take the actual brace part and install it with the supplied hardware.

and that should be it if you have any questions you can pm me and I'll see what I can do for ya!

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

wow 0 replys in over 4 yrs.. this is good info
    .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

some pics will b coo for people who dont understand. but nice write up..
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I built my own, just made a wood template first for the metal brackets, tacked the cross piece on, and removed the entire assembly to finish weld and paint it. The only hitch is that you cannot remove it easily, but I designed it so that I could attach my new sub enclosure anyhow.....

1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

What did you make it out of?
          Care to make a custom one for the front?
          hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
            qft

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
              It's just mild steel stock. I don't think I am interested in fabbing parts for ca$h, I am far too busy with other things right now.....
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
              X