Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by av6g6 View Post
    Actually Rob, state law says you can open carry any firearm including a pistol at the age of 18. Where you run into problems is when you place it in your car, it becomes considered concealed. So in other words as long as you are on foot walking you may take your pistol anywhere you want and fire it as long as you are 18. The only limitation with pistols and 21 age limits are buying from FFL dealers.

In oregon we can place out gun on the dash, or if your rifle is in a case and they can tell its a gun, your good to go.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Dumb fuckers keep shooting pigs and you aint gonna want to be around a gun if its legal or not... THATS when the real problems will start
      750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
      realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
          yup...
          third time up here in 6 weeks or so, 4 got it in oakland too... I mean Im not a big fan of cops, but EVERY TIME Ive EVER been arrested ive had it coming, everytime theyve fucked me up Ive had it coming....

People are fucking dumb.

Copps are already deservedly nervous if you pull out a CPL, this shit keeps coming up, no matter how cool you are with it... BELIEVE theyyll be a bit different about it right or wrong.
          realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Supergenius View Post
            An AR is NOT as reliable as an AK. Period. If you think it is, You are either ill informed, or dilusional. Need some input??? Go ask any Viet Nam vet for their opinion.

ARs are nice, but the AK... Its a beast, and regardless of what youve read or heard... A shitload more reliable... And Im an AR fan as well, but if my life depended on it Id rather have the AK
            The Vietnam era AR15 is hardly an arguing point nowadays.

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
            We used to have a shitload of guns. Our collection looked like Rob's actually. We had some trouble with the local police and them breaking some of their own laws and they took all of them though. It sucks even more now because we moved to Florida out in the middle of nowhere so all I have to do is step out the back door and I can shoot all day without anyone saying a word. Oh well though, i'll buy more eventually.
            They violated your constitutional rights. Get a lawyer... now.

I'd pick an AR over an AK. The standard 5.56x45/.223 round is a bit of a light weight. Where the AR thrives over the AK is in its customization. I could get a .22lr, 9mm, .50, .410, etc upper for my AR lower and be good to go. Hell, I could even get an upper that fired the same ammo as the AK47 or AK74.

An AR 15 which is .308/7.62x51 far out performs an AK in kinetic energy as well as range.

Furthermore, if you want to increase the reliability of the AR, you can buy a piston system... like the AK.

The AK is a good rifle but it's outdated. The AR is modular and that's where it shines above all else.
            My Car
            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post

An AR 15 which is .308/7.62x51 far out performs an AK in kinetic energy as well as range.

Furthermore, if you want to increase the reliability of the AR, you can buy a piston system... like the AK.

The AK is a good rifle but it's outdated. The AR is modular and that's where it shines above all else.
              You mean AR10?

Piston systems are expensive..... I like both, thats why I have two of each..

Comment

AR10, maybe, but you can buy a .308/7.62x51 lower for $200-$300. Not sure if it'd be classified as the AR10 or not.
                My Car

Comment

AR10, maybe, but you can buy a .308/7.62x51 lower for $200-$300. Not sure if it'd be classified as the AR10 or not.
                  Yeah I dont know etheir, I just thought the AR10 refered to that one specific caliber. Cause it uses the different lower.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Clyde
                    i've got a couple .22's,
                    a winchester model 1894 32-40 (serial dated around 1905)
                    .38 s&w six shooter

Funny, my brother inherited a Winchester 1894 in 30-40 Krag dated 1904 from my Grandpa, haha.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

FWIW I just got a call from the guy I got the steel core from... I can get my hands on about 10 s-am cans of it. 150 a piece shipped to WA.

550 rds each you CANT get ahold of it as it was banned in 95. Its not "armor piercing" but its just about. Ive put plenty through THICK ass plate It will put holees through thick ass steel.

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

The chineese steel core was little more than filler. They were designed to be more cost effective. I don't think there's any more penetrating power than a normal lead/copper fmj. I would like to see a head to head test though.
                        My Car

Comment

Picked this up day before Christmas. (taken with brand new camera ). Anyways. Hi-point 995 9mm carbine. Haven't shot it yet. I have more guns but their technically not mine, guns I was "given" as a child growing up hunting, but this is MY first actual purchase.

My 6th gen accord thread
                          99 Miata

Comment

I own a S&W M&P15, Ruger 10/22, and a Sig 226 two-tone.

I view the AR vs AK debate like this: AR15 = high power Honda engine, AK47 = old big block domestic.

The AR15 is a technical achievement and is built to a far superior standard, delivering a more refined end product with similar performance figures.

Meanwhile the AK47 will work forever whether you maintain the damned thing or not, even though it is "inferior" in design and far less elegant.

I personally prefer the AR15 because I like technical/engineering excellence, but there's no question which is more reliable, which is easier to work on, less expensive to buy/maintain, and which one has more dramatically altered the shape of the world.

Comment

The chineese steel core was little more than filler. They were designed to be more cost effective. I don't think there's any more penetrating power than a normal lead/copper fmj. I would like to see a head to head test though.
                              I can tell you from experience... They are quite a bit nastier than l3ead core stuff... quite a bit.

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

Hey just wanted to post this facebook link to a guy that sells ammo online cheap, has daily deals, and takes requests for ammo you want. He's been a friend of mine from facebook for about a year now and I say this upfront cuz I don't want anyone thinking I get anything from him. Fact is he gets some unique stuff and has damn good prices from What I've seen of the ammo I use. http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/CJS-...7895857?ref=nf
                                Check him out if you like.
                                LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

Working...
                                X