f22b dohc swap help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b dohc swap help?

hey everyone i just swapped a f22b dohc into my 92 accord which had a f22a1 in it. i am still using the stock ecu until i can afford another one which im hoping i can find a p39. now after the swap i have the d4 light blinking and my speedometer isnt working now ive already replaced the speed sensor i know i can try and replace a few other things as well. i have already tried to pull the code but my check engine light wont come on idk if the bulb is out or not so that messed up that idea. and another thing im running into is my battery light is on and my battery wont hold charge , ive had my alternator checked and that was fine i replaced the battery cables and its still on im not sure why though. with the old motor in the car the light never came on and im using the same alternator. there is one ground wire that is a little tore up its the one connecting from the valve cover to the right motor mount. i have been searching this info as well but i dont trust any other site for our cbs so any info would be very useful and sorry if this thread pisses people off it is my first thread.

recheck all connections and grounds. that's what i was told to do..
    JDM Parts for sale

Comment

how about the ground going to the starter? that one never got put back onto it so we put it onto the vavle cover.

Comment

why to the VC???
        JDM Parts for sale

Comment

that was the only place it would reach for a good ground cause the bolt that it would go to on the start are too long. id have to take the whole starter out to put that ground on it. well its on a part right behind the distributor.

Comment

so i don't understand, the starter is on one side of the engine, and then you decided to ground it on the other side????? when i did mine everything felt right in place, no mods were needed it, other than converting the dizzy to work with an external coil...

so does the D4 blinks or it stays solid???

The VSS, did you replace the whole thing or just the top part where the plug is??????
            JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by dannyd View Post
              so i don't understand, the starter is on one side of the engine, and then you decided to ground it on the other side????? when i did mine everything felt right in place, no mods were needed it, other than converting the dizzy to work with an external coil...

so does the D4 blinks or it stays solid???

The VSS, did you replace the whole thing or just the top part where the plug is??????
              oooo sorry no the idk if its a ground but i believe it is it comes out in the wire harness next to the 3 plugs on the left side of the engine bay and it fits perfectly down to one of the long bolts on the starter so figured its a starter ground . and the d4 light blinks i tried getting the code but my check engine light doesn't come on with a paper clip in the plug. and i replaced the whole VSS.

Comment

I think you got another bad VSS, i would mess around with a little more it and see if you can fix it.

here is a link for more info on how to fix it. I hope it helps:
                http://techauto.awardspace.com/vss.html

Also make sure all your grounds are connected right on the right spots, that could be draining the battery.
                Last edited by dannyd; 06-07-2009, 04:41 PM.
                JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by dannyd View Post

I think you got another bad VSS, i would mess around with a little more and see if you can fix it.

here is a link for more info on how to fix it. I hope it helps:
                  http://techauto.awardspace.com/vss.html

Also make sure all your grounds are connected right on the right spots, that could be draining the battery.
                  thanks yeah i cant see the codes for the tranny unless the amount of blinks the d4 light does counts as that? yeah im gonna end up taking off the starter and putting that ground onto it and see if that helps. i had none of these problems with the other motor and all the grounds but that one for the starter is in the same spot well except the one that goes on the the power steering pump but that because i no longer have power steering after the swap.

Comment

okay so ive checked all the wires and grounds and there all good where they are and the light is still on. i just had to get my battery recharged so i could use it. and i cant try and figure anything out with the VSS if the battery wont stay charged so i can drive the car around.

Comment

lmao wow i feel like the dumbest person on earth right now. we put the battery cable from the alternator onto the starter roflmfao. this is what happens when you forget where stuff goes. but i still have the speedometer problem and i am going to be taking my spare VSS apart to see if i can clean it up a bit.

Comment

so with my d4 light blinking i would assume the car is in its so called "limp mode" im not too sure but driving home today i felt the car slip out of 4th into 3rd and wouldnt shift back into 4th so i am gonna assume i have to try and reset the tcu and or replace it as well? and the car is using alot of gas compared to what it normally would.

Comment

anyone . well i just got some gas and i started to drive away and i knew the d4 light was gonna start blinking very soon so i decided to test the car right before it did. OMG i want this d4 light to stop blinking the car like took off with not even half throttle then not too far down the road the light started blinking. Pretty much took 4th gear so i had to slow it down. i swear my car is teasing the hell out of me. so idk if im gonna go out and but a new speed sensor cause i took the one off my old motor and put it on the new one cause it worked fine on the old one but didnt change anything on this one. I opened up the ecu and that thing looks perfect but i havent opened up the tcu yet im not sure if that could be a problem? and the car is still burning through gas really quickly might be running rich .

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
                            thanks yeah i cant see the codes for the tranny unless the amount of blinks the d4 light does counts as that?
                            D4 blinks tranny
                            CEL blinks for motor.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

check the solenoids on the tranny, if they are good, your tranny is going bad....
                              JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Working...
                              X