No announcement yet.

Is running without vtec bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would make sense kind of but I atleast thought to ask before I assumed. But my main concern is why not just hook it up and have it tuned for less power or keep the f22 if your wanting the MPG.

Comment

Oh he couldn't do anything that simple. He had to go bigger and better than Fast n Furious......lmao

Automotive college grads and their big bad stock H22A builds.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I really have done several H swaps and know my way around a engine. It's when we get to tuning that I get lost. I really wanna do a turbo f. I have done so many NA builds and stuff. Just doing a turbo scares me

Comment

Ha! You and I are in the same boat. I'm gonna do a turbo f build to here in the next 2 years
          visit vgruk

Comment

I literally know that I should start with the block and work from there I want a block that can handle 25 pounds but daily at 7 and track at like 15. That way if it can handle 25 I can beat on it at 15. But thats all I know I don't know what components to put in this block to sleeve or not or what. I'm totally lost (((( I wanna do it in the next 6 months.

Comment

If you want to make the block safe for 25psi, not knowing what turbines your using, I would opt for the following.

- Forged rods w/ARP or similar bolts
              - Forged pistons,
              - New OEM bearings with oil clearances measured to match your goals.
              - ARP main bolts
              - Closed deck cylinders / Darton Modular Integrated Deck sleeves or similar.
              - Have the crank checked and rotating assembly balanced

Top end is the usual stuff.......
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

People are having great luck and nothing but praise for CSS aswell, Race car im helping with now we are using CSS for the block.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

A block guard is a block guard....

I'm sure they work great for keeping cylinders from walking. they look like a quality part. I just don't see this process as an alternative to installing iron cylinders. The website has no reviews or any actual specs on what these actually do. They simply state that they are an alternative to sleeving and good for up to 500hp. Are they referring to a press fit liner/sleeve or actual Wet Sleeves?

I was getting at replacing the OEM aluminum sleeves and iron liners for a much stronger 100% iron cylinder. The addition of the modular integrated deck is a bonus that keeps the cylinders from walking.
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-06-2014, 06:22 PM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
                    I literally know that I should start with the block and work from there I want a block that can handle 25 pounds but daily at 7 and track at like 15. That way if it can handle 25 I can beat on it at 15. But thats all I know I don't know what components to put in this block to sleeve or not or what. I'm totally lost (((( I wanna do it in the next 6 months.
                    This is still a technical question. Doesn't belong in Off Topic.

Also, "25 pounds" means absolutely nothing. The amount of power and heat produced by "25 pounds" varies greatly depending on the turbo... as does the RPM at which that power and heat is produced. 25psi from a little t25 would be like a blowtorch. 25psi from a T76 (assuming you could even reach that) would probably grenade the engine.

I suggest you do a little research on how engines work, how VTEC works, and how turbo systems work.
                    I've been suggesting this book quite frequently lately... and I'll do it again here. Pick up a copy of Mike Kojima's "Honda/Acura Engine Performance". That book, and a little common sense, will give you a good grasp of the basics!

Comment

lets dissect this shall we?

"i'm not an idiot i know more about cars than you probably know about life, i went to, finished and graduated from automotive school "

probably free community college 24 hour course (2 Saturday classes), or took lessons from the autozone manager who pushes packets of expensive vasoline.

"i have a 92 h22a accord a 92 monster celica, 92 f250"

if they all look like this accord then.... what are you bragging about? what does that have to do with anything anyways? this is probably the only one that actually runs, and that's just because its a CB. its in survival mode.

"matter of fact show up with any mid 80's-05's v4- v6 and watch me leave you in my dust guaranteed"

what the crap is a V4? I thought you went to and graduated from automotive school??

"and trust me its worth well over $4500 all in all, im selling for $2600, i will not respond to anymore of your lame bs statements"

I wouldn't pay more than scrap metal price for it.

"either bid on the car and produce cash or get back to craigslist with the rest of the bser's"

still don't believe you about the automotive classes. think that is what's

"ebay is for serious professional bidders and sales associates with money!!!!"

and factories in china to sell cheap LEDs made by children

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Comment

Quashish... I wish I was able to read the entire message response. It really is quite comical once you break it down into legible sentences.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            well sir, to that I truly say... what, the, crap.

is that from like a German motorcycle or something? oil pan looks too big for a motorcycle but... still looks German to me.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Well I figured it was going to get into a little more discussion that just vtec. So rather than have a useless tech questions. I decided to put it in off topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X