H22 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 questions

I have done many swaps so not really a questions about a swap more just H22 in general. I recently bought a H22 from a guy and the vin is JHMBB6155WC009251 which says it was built in Sayama Japan so does that mean it was shipped from overseas? And also the other weird thing that I am mainly interested about it the oil filter is literally right next to the timing cover which I have never seen. Most h22 I have dealt with they are in the center of the block just like F22 but with a oil cooler. Did the OB2 H22 switch the Oil cooler/filter placement over towards one side on the back of the block?

I have figured it out guys it is a SH engine. Glad I found that out finally only thing that is gonna suck is fabbing up the intermediate shaft bracket.

Comment

I have both a h22a4 and a h22a1 long block and both oil filters with oil coolers in the same general location as the f22a1. JHM designation means its a usdm motor, yes it was shipped from overseas in a prelude to be sold at a dealer when it was new.
      I have never looked at a SH block maybe a prelude guy could tell you if you got a SH block. From a quick google you got a SH block good luck.
      CB7TUNER.com
      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Take a picture of this oil filter you speak of. I have never seen it on the side.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

I'll take a look around PreludePower.com; it's common for SH guys to swap on Base transmissions when they decide to make more power than that diff can effectively handle (I think it's around 300hp), so there was someone making some kind of adapter. Hopefully they're still around...

When I went looking at SHs before I got my RSX, that tripped me up as well.

Here you are:
            http://www.preludeonline.com/f89/atts-removal-147883/
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-03-2014, 12:54 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Here, I'll help you out Andrew.

Comment

Working...
              X