Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

instead of the pt6 got a p06..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

instead of the pt6 got a p06..

i went 2 the jy yesterday, and i had on my hands 2 ecu, pt6 n p06, i was gonna get the pt6 so i wouldnt have a speed limiter, but i heard that those u cant chip, so i got the p06, but wen i put it 2 my cb, the check engine came out, n it had idle prblems, is the ecu not good?
    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

the P06 is for a Civic engine. so it won't run your motor well.
    You need to get it chipped and tuned. but if you have a stock F22Ax then you really don't need it.

Comment

why is it that if i have a f22ax i wont really need it? if i get it chiped would it work good? wit no check engine n no idle problems?
      AT WEST COAST MEET

Comment

yeah but you would get more gains from buying parts with the 200-300 for a chipping and tuning service. It won't give you huge gains at the moment.

Comment

don't drive your Accord with a P06 ecu, that is a terrible idea. sell the p06 on ebay for 40bucks and get a pt6

Comment

^^ why is it a terrible idea?? does it fu.k it up? so wat ecu can i use that dont have a speed limiter n can b chippable?
            AT WEST COAST MEET

Comment

the ecu is chipable, but the main qustions if why do you need it?
              do you have a swap?
              do you have a turbo?
              do you have a full built race motor?

what do you need a chipable ecu for?

if your running i/h/e then you dont need it.

Comment

wat do u mean if im " i/h/e " ?? im running just a stck f22a1, but doesnt chipping the ecu give u more hp?
                AT WEST COAST MEET

Comment

no it doesnt, not unless you have some kind of turbo set up, or the things i listed your not gonna get shit

intake/exhaust/header

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
                    ^^ why is it a terrible idea?? does it fu.k it up? so wat ecu can i use that dont have a speed limiter n can b chippable?

Why it's a terrible idea is because a ecu (among otherthings) controls the fuel/timing/all that stuff.... the civic motor needs different amounts at different times then the F22a1....

If you're running stock just run a Pt6... this may come as a supprise, but when it comes to stock tuning... honda knows a thing or 2

Comment

dont sell the p06. its a killer ecu for tuning in your future, as all car enthusiasts want more power.

you can tune with just intake/headers/exhaust (i/h/e)
                      you will get small gains but at the same time your car will be runnning better.
                      you added more air so add more fuel that kinda thing.
                      and NO its not a total waist, but most commonly used for larger poer adders aka turbos, superchargers, built engines and NOS.

so chipping the ecu is a good route if you know of people to help you with it.
                      but otherwise, if you don't have the money. your better off gettin modifications first.
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

dont sell the p06. its a killer ecu for tuning in your future, as all car enthusiasts want more power.

you can tune with just intake/headers/exhaust (i/h/e)
                        you will get small gains but at the same time your car will be runnning better.
                        you added more air so add more fuel that kinda thing.
                        and NO its not a total waist, but most commonly used for larger poer adders aka turbos, superchargers, built engines and NOS.

so chipping the ecu is a good route if you know of people to help you with it.
                        but otherwise, if you don't have the money. your better off gettin modifications first.
                        yeah i already have an intake, headers n exhaust system, n stage 2 clutch, so wit p06 chippd means ill b getting more hp besides the i/h/e?
                        AT WEST COAST MEET

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
                          yeah i already have an intake, headers n exhaust system, n stage 2 clutch, so wit p06 chippd means ill b getting more hp besides the i/h/e?

I would seriously reccomend doing some research on what chipping and tuning is, and how it works

Comment

Originally posted by F22aLude View Post
                            I would seriously reccomend doing some research on what chipping and tuning is, and how it works

and just so everyone knows... I dont mean this disrespectfully

Comment

thats why i got in this forum 2 do research about cbs, which this forum has helpd a lot..
                              AT WEST COAST MEET

Comment

Working...
                              X