Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H23 intake on a F22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23 intake on a F22a1

Hey, I'm swapping my part car's H23 intake onto my F22a1 (I drive a prelude S, if that matters) will swapping in a pt6 run my motor as normal, but still control the butterflies?

Thanks,
    Marshall

Use the P12 ecu you got there, the PT6 is designed to run with an A6 cam.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

but will a p12 run the secondary intake butterflies in the new intake?

Comment

hook it up to vacuum.
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

This is going to be a debated topic about the butterflys. People say run them like they should, hook them to vacuum, or just get rid of the plate. Honestly ive had 2 Accords with butterflys hooked up to vacuum and I didnt have a problem with either. It gave it a really gnarly growl. Makes dumb people think you have a v6 or something and they dont wanna race you because of 2 extra pistons.

Comment

Or swap in an A6 cam and use the PT6.

Comment

This is gonna make me sound like an idiot, but how would I go about hooking them to vacume?

Comment

^^Good question^^ i too would like to know.. and how much hp gain can youu get outta this?? recommendable or not??

Comment

on your intake manifold on the far right side... you'll see 2 vacuum lines. the top one is for cruise control so if you dont want it then just pull it off and put your vacuum line from your diaphragm for the butterfly valves to it. or you can get a plastic t-fitting from the parts store and pair both vacuum lines to that one port. Basically any port going into the manifold will have vacuum on it.

Comment

Ok, so the line on the manifold going to cruise I run that to the butterflies? sorry, this is hard to get the hang of with no pictures lol

Comment

bump lol not sure if thats allowed

Comment

We allow it as long as you aren't working your way to 30 posts...

As for a vacuum source, vac is vac.

Comment

ok cool, I'll post some pictures when I get it done

Comment

Hook them up properly, it makes a huge difference.

If you hook them up to vacuum, the second you hit the throttle any more than 1/8th they will open up, which pretty much defeats the purpose...

Also, my F22A1 ran just fine with a PT6 for over a year before I installed my F22A6 cam.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

People have different results with the PT6. It won't hurt anything, but it won't exactly be a performance upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X