10w30 synthetic in mt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10w30 synthetic in mt

Just a quick question guys. My buddy wants to change his mtf in his 92 cb. The manual he has says to use 2 quarts of 10w30 motor oil. Now when I changed mine I used Honda mtf, and it seemed to work fine. However I happen to have a few quarts of mobile 1 10w30 synthetic and if he can use that and save a buck, why not. So im asking if it would be okay to use that oil in a manual tranny? Thanks guys!

Originally posted by hondakid1996 View Post
    Just a quick question guys. My buddy wants to change his mtf in his 92 cb. The manual he has says to use 2 quarts of 10w30 motor oil. Now when I changed mine I used Honda mtf, and it seemed to work fine. However I happen to have a few quarts of mobile 1 10w30 synthetic and if he can use that and save a buck, why not. So im asking if it would be okay to use that oil in a manual tranny? Thanks guys!
    The Honda MTF will save him more in the long run. Its supposed to run with less friction than regular 10w30, which means better fuel economy and plus it lasts for a long time and is better than motor oil for all the syncros and other components inside the transmission.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Alright ill let him know. Thank!

Comment

use high mileage formulation, it has a lot more zinc content and is better suited. you can also check with mobils site and see the ammount of zinc in their oils. 30wt FTW, or 40W if you live where its hot most of the year and only 50's in the winter.

Comment

Working...
        X