No announcement yet.

islandhopper : 1990 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn dude , just now hearing about your loss and it totally blew my mind..I put alarm systems on all my rides way before the thought of modding them .Your car was so nice man and I'm sorry to hear about this and sorry for your loss.Come back strong and never look back. Thats by far the shittest Christmas present I have heard about.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Pics and full damage report tomorrow once i figure it all out. Pics won't be very interesting...the interior is thrashed about and the dust-shields behind the rotors are bent to shit. Other than that, the ignition and steering column covers are what's damaged the most.

She's down..but not out. I'm just hoping there's no other major damage...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Well im glad to see you got her back Matt, i was instantaneous on the CL post all over FB and the forums as soon as i read that. So did they get your epsalons? or just the ADRs?

And seriously.. they took all that shit and didnt bother with the carbon fiber or the JDM 1pcrs... Fuckin twacks man i swear just lookin to make a nickle and a dime as fast as possible

8 Accords so far:
        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Time for a good alarm bro im so happy you got her back. hope they get caught. If you want to put a new system in bring it to me and ill build it for ya in a way they cant steal it from ya. For now take your ecu in with ya when ya park so they dont come back for seconds. blazedhead had his stolen 2 times in like 3 months...
          My 90 coupe Mr thread....
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Haven't heard anything in a while , hope all is well sir

Originally posted by Darkcloud
            Wimp go low or go home haha
            Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
            Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

It's been a while since I've surfed the MR section for ideas like I used to. I popped in to give you a 5-star rating because your car's improved so much since I last saw it (looks properly bad-ass), then I come to this last page and learn about the theft. Sucks, but at least it looks like you weren't screwed too badly.

I've been dreaming up security measures for my next car as well:
              - Removable steering wheel
              - Hidden fuel/power kill switches
              - AeroCatch makes key-locking hood pins. It'd be easy enough to integrate one into the trunk (racers do it for quick-access)
              - I was looking up JDM parts for my RSX and came across an OEM push-button start. If I can wire something like that into the CB, making it utilize a card or something like modern cars rather than having to have a key in the ignition, it would be very cool indeed to mount the button somewhere out of sight while disconnecting the ignition wiring and making the key hole a dummy.

With the several thousand dollars I'm working on putting into this next car, I don't think I'm over-doing it at all. I figure, I'm putting this much money and personal effort into making it my own, it's worth trying to frustrate a would-be thief. Thought I'd throw out some ideas, if you're serious about deterring theft.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Holy shit! I must have missed this whole thing. Glad you recovered most of it.

Did they catch the fuckers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                  Well im glad to see you got her back Matt, i was instantaneous on the CL post all over FB and the forums as soon as i read that. So did they get your epsalons? or just the ADRs?

And seriously.. they took all that shit and didnt bother with the carbon fiber or the JDM 1pcrs... Fuckin twacks man i swear just lookin to make a nickle and a dime as fast as possible
                  Yeah dude, im glad she's back even if she's a little worse for wear. Thanks again for all your support, Joey.

They took the white ADR reps that were on it at the time. The Epsilons are tucked away in a safe place at home. No worries there...

Soooo, yeah, fuck thieves.

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                  Time for a good alarm bro im so happy you got her back. hope they get caught. If you want to put a new system in bring it to me and ill build it for ya in a way they cant steal it from ya. For now take your ecu in with ya when ya park so they dont come back for seconds. blazedhead had his stolen 2 times in like 3 months...
                  Indeed. I'm making plans for a kill-switch and a high-quality alarm. When i finally have the time and money i would LOVE for you to help me put together a nice sound system...nothing crazy though bro, i like my eardrums.

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
                  Haven't heard anything in a while , hope all is well sir
                  All is well. Just been real busy with work and cleaning up this mess that some asshole thieves made for me.

Thanks for checking in though, bud. I'll get back to you on those storage attachments next time i roll through town.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  It's been a while since I've surfed the MR section for ideas like I used to. I popped in to give you a 5-star rating because your car's improved so much since I last saw it (looks properly bad-ass), then I come to this last page and learn about the theft. Sucks, but at least it looks like you weren't screwed too badly.

I've been dreaming up security measures for my next car as well:
                  - Removable steering wheel
                  - Hidden fuel/power kill switches
                  - AeroCatch makes key-locking hood pins. It'd be easy enough to integrate one into the trunk (racers do it for quick-access)
                  - I was looking up JDM parts for my RSX and came across an OEM push-button start. If I can wire something like that into the CB, making it utilize a card or something like modern cars rather than having to have a key in the ignition, it would be very cool indeed to mount the button somewhere out of sight while disconnecting the ignition wiring and making the key hole a dummy.

With the several thousand dollars I'm working on putting into this next car, I don't think I'm over-doing it at all. I figure, I'm putting this much money and personal effort into making it my own, it's worth trying to frustrate a would-be thief. Thought I'd throw out some ideas, if you're serious about deterring theft.
                  Thanks a million dude. Means a lot. Also, thanks for the info/ideas on theft deterrents. I will most definitely take it into consideration.

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                  Holy shit! I must have missed this whole thing. Glad you recovered most of it.

Did they catch the fuckers?
                  No, they are still at large. I found a VERY suspicious CL ad for what i believe to be my rims, with a fresh coat of black paint. But the number is dead now and i haven't seen anything resurface yet.

If anyone feels like surfing the Portland, Oregon craigslist for my audio equipment/wheels/radar detector/shift-knob, please do. And if you see anything suspicious, PM me.

Thanks

Also, sorry for slacking on the pics of damage and what-not. I was rushed trying to fix her up so i could drive to work and i didn't get a chance to snap any. So far i've replaced the Fr. Left CV axle and the ignition switch. I'll update with more this weekend. Promise.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

This is how she sits right now..

Rollin' on 14's...awwww yeah.

I was in the process of refinishing these old Galant rims...so one side is bare and one side is black.

Ride height has not been adjusted for these wheels. Doing that in the shop on monday after work.

You can see the damage to my lip from the idiot tow truck driver who ended up dragging it along the ground with a winch then dragging it off the flatbed when he got to the tow-yard.

CV axle is toast.

Gonna have to clean up the wiring back there and find a new shift knob...

The steering column covers were ripped off and the ignition was broken/hot-wired.

This is the new ignition.

And here is my empty trunk...no CB9 side compartments, no 6x9's, no sub, no amp...they even took the fucking trunk carpet.

So that's it.

My next mission is get some tunes in there...road noise is killin me on my daily commute.
                    Last edited by islandhopper; 12-30-2012, 10:00 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I believe I have blue 6x9 speaker pods I will let go for cheap if you want them.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

I dig the Galant rims. And it's not that bad! I am glad to see you're working on her again. Stay positive...ghetto weight reduction?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
                          I believe I have blue 6x9 speaker pods I will let go for cheap if you want them.
                          Thanks dude, but i've got a pair in ivory that im gonna spray black. I appreciate the thought though!

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                          I dig the Galant rims. And it's not that bad! I am glad to see you're working on her again. Stay positive...ghetto weight reduction?
                          The rims wouldn't be so bad if they had some fresh paint. Working on that. And i'll always keep working on this car. I honestly can't see getting rid of it.

Thanks for the ups.

Vigor sway-bar installed.

Thanks to Nolan (c91bse7) for hooking it up. Even though it's only a couple mm larger you can feel the difference. Love it.

Also adjusted the ride height while i had it up on the lift. Lower, but not too low.

Had to adjust the beams since adjusting the ride height changed the angles..

New plate lights too...

More to come.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

like a phoenix man rising from ashes

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Glad to see it back on a car lol been collecting dust for like 2 years lol

O/T I see you guys have an xc90 on the lift there , those things are terrible get a 100k on them and its like they just rolled over 300k .

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                              Wimp go low or go home haha
                              Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                              Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Still pushin'
                                I like the galant wheels

Comment

Working...
                                X