Are ES Front sway bar bushings smaller then oem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are ES Front sway bar bushings smaller then oem

I put on some Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings a month ago or so and i realized they aren't as thick as oem. Like half as thick. Is this normal. It is now bugging the shit out of me after the bracket bolts come loose. This is an ex and it says 25mm. I think the dx/lx are 21. They won't fit in oem brackets so i used the brackets that came with it. Can anyone else confirm that these ES sway bar bushings are suppose to be like half as thick. Am thinking of going to moog rubber or mevotech.

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    I put on some Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings a month ago or so and i realized they aren't as thick as oem. Like half as thick. Is this normal. It is now bugging the shit out of me after the bracket bolts come loose. This is an ex and it says 25mm. I think the dx/lx are 21. They won't fit in oem brackets so i used the brackets that came with it. Can anyone else confirm that these ES sway bar bushings are suppose to be like half as thick. Am thinking of going to moog rubber or mevotech.
    I too have the same thing. I ran them last summer and yes they are "stiffer", but man they look like a fisher price toy compared to OEM. I'm going back to OEM, these things look like I can break them with my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      I too have the same thing. I ran them last summer and yes they are "stiffer", but man they look like a fisher price toy compared to OEM. I'm going back to OEM, these things look like I can break them with my hand.
      Yeah me too i think. What brand u plan on getting. Me thinks i try mevotech or moog.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
        Yeah me too i think. What brand u plan on getting. Me thinks i try mevotech or moog.
        Back to OEM for me. Fits perfect around the bar, the bushings are still in good shape. I'd only change it up if the replacements were exact fit into the OEM bracket (or if the 3rd party bracket was OEM quality)

Here's movotech's set, but come on!?! They're not even the right shape....

Comment

Working...
        X