CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 07-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
GTRxPatrick
Newcomer

GTRxPatrick is cool... so far.
Question Broken/cracked interior pieces, need help on repairing!

Alright this is my first post here, I know ive had my account for a while, ive just never used it. Anyhow, I have a wagon and there are some broken/cracked pieces that I would like to replace or repair. Ive seen on some websites I can order them for $250+ and I am not going to be doing that. I don't think a piece of plastic that is smaller than a square foot is worth anything close to that. So I guess my question is how would I go about replacing these? anything I can mold them from or any material I can make them my self? I was planning on re-doing the entire rear cargo area considering its all in pretty bad condition. So would anyone have anyways of going about this? Thanks!
GTRxPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
evil_demon_01

evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire
If your seriously keen you can fiberglass mold them.

But personally I'd just get a Plastic repairer to weld them back together.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.
evil_demon_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
GTRxPatrick
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
If your seriously keen you can fiberglass mold them.

But personally I'd just get a Plastic repairer to weld them back together.
Hmmm I could try fiber glassing, but I don't know if id have the patience... I could always try though! I truly never even heard of being able to "weld" plastic back together, I will for sure look into that, thank you!
Old 07-04-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
SilverShadow
CB7tuner Member

SilverShadow is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to SilverShadow Send a message via Yahoo to SilverShadow
Depending on year...a few of us wagon owners have unfortunate accidents and must part out our cars..Look on the www.Accordwagonclub.com...here, and whatever site deals with wagon owners. My site that I manage, I don't think anyone has a wagon parting out...and the one I know about got smashed....in the rear. Don't look at E-bay or CL as you will pay too much and it might not be your year as those people don't know cars well.(guy swore inside and out the car bra fit a 92...thing was for 95 and up).
Good luck and a photo of the damage please? PM me if need more info

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION
SilverShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Accrdwgnguy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Accrdwgnguy
Its possible to repair cracked plastic with a plastic welder, which is pretty much just a soldering iron with a special tip, that melts the plastic and produces toxic fumes.

Here is a better way : http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...ding-plastics/

He doesn't really cover re-finishing the outside after repairs, but this can accomplished with SEM texture paint followed by SEM color coat to match whatever interior color you have or want. Obviously you have to do some sanding to blend the repair.

Another, easier option is to head to your local pickapart and grab the parts you need from a wagon, if you can find one. They are out there.
Accrdwgnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
If you have the piece off, you could rough up the back side on both sides of the crack, spread some JB weld over the area, then use another piece of plastic over that to span and reinforce the cracked area (assuming the extra thickness won't be a problem for reinstallation. It may still require some refinishing on the outside surface.

As mentioned, let us know which pieces you need and a member could possibly steer you to a junkyard with a wagon, or deal directly with you once you reach 30 good posts.
92 EX coupe auto 190,000 - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210341

LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Also, to make your search easier, all interior plastic parts in the wagon forward of the c-pillars are interchangeable with a sedan.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
GTRxPatrick
Newcomer

Ill try to get some pictures up! There are three junk yard around me two of the closer ones have just sedans and a couple coupes, but the third one is the farthest from me (hour and a half drive) only has ONE wagon and the thing is practically gutted and rusted completely, so its useless... but yeah let me go snag some pictures and ill post them! thanks again!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #9
hotrodj
CB7tuner Member

hotrodj is cool... so far.
The 2 part epoxy that comes in the syringes works well also. Hold one side of the crack together with tape, and flip it over. Fill in the crack with epoxy, sand if needed after it sets.

Could even use some fiberglass cloth and resin. Not too difficult.
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #10
SilverShadow
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj View Post
The 2 part epoxy that comes in the syringes works well also. Hold one side of the crack together with tape, and flip it over. Fill in the crack with epoxy, sand if needed after it sets.
Could even use some fiberglass cloth and resin. Not too difficult.
Still..a better understanding when the pictures are done. Don't take them real close or it won't be apparent to what we are looking at. Surprisingly, the part of the country you live in has a massive amount of wagon owners. As I said, you may get lucky and someone is pulling the rear to put a concert hall back there..

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
GTRxPatrick
Newcomer

Alright here are some photos:

There are 4 pictures. pretty much just the moldings and the railing up top. These panels/moldings are the taillight covers and the cargo areas in the rear of my wagon. so what do you guys think?

(I know I know the hatch of my wagon is very unkept, I don't need to be reminded, haha)

Last edited by GTRxPatrick; 07-05-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #12
accordztech
CB7tuner Member

accordztech is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to accordztech
Junkyard, call it a day. If you cant find your color paint it.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good
accordztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #13
GTRxPatrick
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordztech View Post
Junkyard, call it a day. If you cant find your color paint it.
The closest junk yard to me that has a wagon is an hour and a half away and they only have ONE wagon, and the thing is completely gutted and rusted. so its pretty much useless to me.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #14
SilverShadow
CB7tuner Member

I do enjoy the big laugh I get when you guys say "just go to the junk yard and get a part" And they mean wagon parts.....oh is that funny still. I live in a BIG city and have gone to a few JY's here. Never ever ever have I seen a wagon. EVER! And rare to even find an above 1991 Accord with the parts on it..hell with even a way to identify it as a Honda! These guys post it as if it's a supermarket or 7-11 for parts; "just go to the jy and pick up a part (don't forget the milk)".

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
Old 07-06-2013, 12:28 AM   #15
Sinbad
CB7tuner Member

Sinbad is cool... so far.
Have you tried to find anything on Ebay? Or possibly other used part sites online? Just a thought to explore other areas if the JY are tapped out.
Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #16
accordztech
CB7tuner Member

accordztech is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to accordztech
At my yards we have at least 4 wagons each time I go. And that's at just one location.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good
accordztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #17
SilverShadow
CB7tuner Member

Now for the answer ....of course the JY answer is bogus as you won't find a wagon there with that remaining. Pictures a bit vague as to the location in trunk but I'd do see some familiar points of reference. If they are the panels that conceal the side storage compartments, they can be bought on Majestic Autoparts..A faster way to get it done, but a more expensive route. But you know that. I'm just telling you, best to see the part,buy it ..have it done next week.Better than walking and wasting time in a jy hoping a wagon is there...and if the wagon there if it is even your year...???
Here is the link. Just fill in the drop-downs with you car's specs.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...L4AT&catcgry5=

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...y5=SIDE+LINING

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Last edited by SilverShadow; 07-06-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #18
GTRxPatrick
Newcomer

yeah the junk yard replies are entertaining since its such a simple answer. But my bad for the pictures it's just hard to get by all the junk in the trunk (no pun) haha. The parts that are broken are the pieces you take off to get to the taillights. And then the side rail things for a cargo cover. My mind is slipping and I can't think of the name. But I'll definitely check that site and see what comes up. As for checking eBay. They never have anything. Nothing that specific or out of the ordinary at least.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #19
GTRxPatrick
Newcomer

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...y5=SIDE+LINING

Alright just checked that site. And I need illustration numbers: 13, 19, 20, 22. And I can't find 20/22 on the list below. And the side door cover thing (13) is like $100 more just because it's vintage red. (Which mine is) *sigghhh* this is why I don't like these sites. They're soooooooo expensive. But yeah 20/22 are the ones i want to fix the most. They have the most damage.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #20
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Surprise! Fixing up a Honda is not cheap. Those are discounted OEM parts you are looking at from a Honda dealer, their discount is close to 30% off list price. Also, if a part is not listed in the description, its likely been discontinued for a long time.

If you don't have the matching broken off pieces, then your only hope is junkyard or used parts from someone parting out a wagon. They are out there.

Tags
broken , cb9 , interior , repair , wagon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: