CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 02-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
bizzle2288
CB7tuner Member

bizzle2288 is cool... so far.
Question 90 Fog light Wiring

I have my fog lights installed using the A/B/C harness and correct plug. They only work with headlights on. I have read on some of the threads that if you swap the #3 plug in the fuse box under the dash to the #2 spot this will allow you to turn them on anytime the car is on. I have done this and it is still only turning on when headlights are on . Does anyone have any suggestions or knowledge about this problem? Please help.
bizzle2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
ThatOneAccord
CB7tuner Member

ThatOneAccord is cool... so far.
When I wired mine up I thought the oem settings allowed for them to be on with the parking lights as well and that's not true....I haven't read anything on here tho about switching the number 2 and 3 plugs in the fuse box so that they can run whenever.
ThatOneAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
The factory wiring allows for conformance to all state vehicle safety laws, not you flossing down the road when it's clear as the queen's diamonds outside. Many state laws dictate that for accessory lamps to be on, so too must the headlights be.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
bizzle2288
CB7tuner Member

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=14345 .... someone had mentioned it in this part of the forum. I would have asked the question there but i am not allowed to at this time.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #5
bizzle2288
CB7tuner Member

Jarrett, How would I go about trying to figure that out? Also if it is among those regulations is there a way to convert them over to the ignition on circuit of the electrical system without butchering wires?
Old 02-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
ThatOneAccord
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
The factory wiring allows for conformance to all state vehicle safety laws, not you flossing down the road when it's clear as the queen's diamonds outside. Many state laws dictate that for accessory lamps to be on, so too must the headlights be.
Wait what? No I mean most newer cars allow the fogs to be on with the parking lights, I thought our oem settings allowed that as well but they don't.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #7
RANdumbH3RO
Newcomer

RANdumbH3RO is cool... so far.
I really don't understand the whole harness thing... Why not just tie it in to your battery with an after market switch... Maybe I'm just lazy, but that's how I always do my vehicles. correct fogs+ wiring from battery to $2 switch mounted in dash.
RANdumbH3RO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:59 PM   #8
ThatOneAccord
CB7tuner Member

Because the oem switch looks good, and it's not a hard install if you have all 3 harnesses. Literally all you do is plug one harness up to the under hood fuse box and the other 2 harnesses go in the car (switch) and the final harness is for the actual fogs. It's a rather simple set up.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
lucifer1
CB7tuner Member

lucifer1 seems to have made some friends! lucifer1 seems to have made some friends!
Read this http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194053, I explain how the oem foglights are wired.

You can switch the primary relay's 12v headlight only input wire to an accessory source. Then remove one of the high beam cut relay's coil wires so it will not trigger. This will let you turn on fogs when key is on and lights off.
lucifer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #10
bizzle2288
CB7tuner Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1 View Post
Read this http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194053, I explain how the oem foglights are wired.

You can switch the primary relay's 12v headlight only input wire to an accessory source. Then remove one of the high beam cut relay's coil wires so it will not trigger. This will let you turn on fogs when key is on and lights off.
Thanks lucifer1, very resourceful thread

Tags
fog light , fog lights , fog lights 90 accord , foglight , wiring

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: