CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic > Computers and Video Games

Old 03-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Best free antivirus for PC?

Apparently AVG is no longer offering a permanent free antivirus option. I've used AVG Free for years, and it has always done well by me. Stopped lots of junk, never let anything slip by, and was never a terrible resource hog. Now, it's just a free trial, and they want $50 or something. Time to switch!

I've tried Avast in the past, and I hated it. Let stuff through, was a terrible resource hog... not a fan. Also tried the usual Norton and McAffee crap, and wasn't impressed.

Does anyone have another option? I just reinstalled another free AVG trial, so I'll be good for now... but I'm hoping to find something good that I won't have to spend 20 minutes replacing every few weeks!

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #2
dj_ender
Mod\Dubstep Pusher

dj_ender seems to have made some friends! dj_ender seems to have made some friends!
This is what I've used for years, and no complaints.

http://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/hom...ree-antivirus/
dj_ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Awesome. That looks pretty good. I'll give it a try!

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #4
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member

illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful
i like http://www.clamwin.com/ its GPL and open source and free, it also found some trojan payloads that NOD32 dismissed
Old 03-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #5
lbus9168
Contributing Member

lbus9168 may have said something they shouldn't have...
At home, I use bit defender. At work, we use sophos. Both are probably the highest rated programs for the last couple years, trumping ad aware/avg/avast etc.

Bit defender has a handy tray that constantly scans and protected you from viruses. My only issue is it can be overzealous, and it finds viruses so quickly that it can take false positives out of the system s little to quickly (happens alot with cracked software).

But I like it. I think it works well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: