G23?? Swap Help... Swap In Progress!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G23?? Swap Help... Swap In Progress!!

hey people well as you can read i am doing a g23 swap cause i decided to keep my f22a1 block so the problem is that i need help and advice with this swap.. im tired of hearin people telling me to do a h22 swap i dont want to do it cause everyone else already has those swaps i want something different also i am doing my build ALL MOTOR so i was wonderin what good of high compression pistons would be good to drop in my block?? and what type of cam shaft should i get?? i heard i could use skunk2 cam shaft what do you guys think about that?? also should i go vtec o no?? since my car doesnt comes vtec(but it was throwing me a cel code 21 which is vtec solenoid) but i cant find it help plz... should i get a h22 head or a h23 head?? im not so sure which one is the one that bolts right on to my block.. please help me out guys im trying to get this car done b4 the summer comes TIA

ill try to keep everybody updated with the swap ill post some pictures up

before i started to take it apart

after i took off the battery and the p/s resevoir and the p/s motor

after takin off the valve cover,valve n springs,cam shaft and alternator

after takin off the IM

after takin off the head

after takin off the bumper,bumper support,and headlights

after takin off both fenders,hood, and started doing the wire tuck

and this is how she sits now

hopefully soon i should be goin to the junkyard to go pick up another set of wiring harness and to go get the clutch,brake, and accelerator assembly and all the lines i need to do the auto to 5spd swap... i already tooked off the auto shift cable and the auto gear shifter too tomorrow ill work on gettin the tcu out, all this i have done it in 3 weeks.. its hard for me to work on the car cause i dont have a garage
    Last edited by los170bx; 12-07-2008, 08:14 PM.

I think its the H23 head that bolts up to the F22 block, albeit with some minor modifications.
    DEVOTE

Comment

not to sound like a dick, but you contradicted yourself a bit. you stated you didnt wanna do the h22 swap yet asked if you should use a vtec head or not. IMO for ease of swapping and reliableness it would be easier to just swap the h22 in over a frank motor. i know its the not the answer you were looking for but just saying.

but like lokuputha said, the h23 head will bolt up to the f22 block with modifications. do some searching around the forum, its been done before and im pretty sure someone did a mild write up on how to do it.

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
        not to sound like a dick, but you contradicted yourself a bit. you stated you didnt wanna do the h22 swap yet asked if you should use a vtec head or not. IMO for ease of swapping and reliableness it would be easier to just swap the h22 in over a frank motor. i know its the not the answer you were looking for but just saying.

but like lokuputha said, the h23 head will bolt up to the f22 block with modifications. do some searching around the forum, its been done before and im pretty sure someone did a mild write up on how to do it.
        nah its ok bro its that i want to see what numbers i could be able to get with a f22 block and a h23 head with some internal work you know what i mean?? also im tryin to see if a g23 could whip a lsv with internal work... im just experimenting its my first time ever taking my car apart COMPLETELY so im doing ALOT of research on finding out what would be a real good setup besides just gettin a h22 boosted(im not trying to go boost) but thanks for the advices

Comment

for those that need some help

In the new Import Tuner February 2009 issue, they have a G23 put together. it is a F23A vtec bottom end and a H22a head. Along with a wicked clean hatch on the front cover.

They talk about some good pointers on this motorswap, please take the time to look this over. I will see if i can copy the article and make it available. Or you can PM and I can email it to you.

Comment

Where is the G23?

An F22 block with an H series head is not called a G23....

IF you want VTEC, a complete H22 with some stage2 cams is a much better bang for the buck IMO

Or you could go with the H23 head if you don't want VTEC but don't expect any drastic gains.

Comment

alright bro but i dnt have enough money to buy a h22 so i want to start off wit a worked out f22 so can you guys offer me anything to make this a good worked out motor?? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by los170bx View Post
                alright bro but i dnt have enough money to buy a h22 so i want to start off wit a worked out f22 so can you guys offer me anything to make this a good worked out motor?? TIA
                You said that you are planning on doing an H-series head swap, pistons, and cams. You are looking at spending AT LEAST $1500 to get the car running with that setup.

I am just saying that you could just get an H22, some cams, and find somebody who will street tune it for you. It would cost the same amount of money, maybe a little more...but it will make more power and be a bit more reliable.

If you want to do a head swap, you can make both work on the F22 block. Get the H22 head if you want VTEC or the H23 head if you don't want VTEC. The H22 head should make a bit more power but don't plan on revving it to 7500+ with the F22 block. You could probably build the F22 block to withstand the high revs, but I don't have any experience with this so I couldn't tell you how much it will cost.

You could also just get a rebuilt F22 head on ebay (like 150bucks), throw a bisi stage2 cam in it, bisi header, h23 intake manifold, 2.5" exhaust, and tune it. You could raise the compression too if you have the funds.

Or if you want 2.3 liter, then just get a complete H23, it will be pretty fast with just some cams and tuning.
                Last edited by rexload; 12-19-2008, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by los170bx View Post
                  tryin to see if a g23 could whip a lsv with internal work...
                  hell no. what car is the LSVTEC in and how much power is it making? If it is in a ~2000lbs Civic, then there is no way you could keep up with it in an N/A Accord..

Comment

yo how you know?? if my accord is getting striped to the MAX

Comment

check the new issue of import tuner.
                      I'm So JDM My Heart Is On The Right

Cappuccino Member #11
                      G-Square For Sale PM Me.
                      Rear Fog For Sale PM Me.

Comment

read the write up i put up a few days it should help you in a big way
                        IF IT AIN'T BOOSTED IT'S SLOW!

turbo G23 420hp 385tq mainstream tuning

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                          hell no. what car is the LSVTEC in and how much power is it making? If it is in a ~2000lbs Civic, then there is no way you could keep up with it in an N/A Accord..
                          i stayed right next to a rebuilt gsr eg hatch with cams i.h.e.

all i had was a f22a4, a6 cam and intake mani/h22 plenum and throttle body, i,h,e, h22 trans fidanza flywheel and act clutch, internals were stock and and the secondary butterflys were just hooked up to engine vac. and an lsvtec would maybe make 120-140hp at the flywheel about the same as a stock f22
                          New cb, new start

Comment

pick upthe feb import tuner a guy built what it sounds like you are. I thought it had some very good info in it.Check it cant hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by 91h22cb7lx View Post
                              and an lsvtec would maybe make 120-140hp at the flywheel about the same as a stock f22
                              where are you getting these numbers from? it makes about double that....plus the OP stated it is an "lsv with internal work"

Comment

Working...
                              X