No announcement yet.

New car for the wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend and I went shopping late last month for smallish compact car. She initially wanted a Civic EX-L since she's got two big shedding german shepards and thought leather would be easier to clean.

We found out that Honda made an Accord SE 4 cyl with Leather back in 2011-2012 that was going for dirt cheap compared to a 2013+ Civic.

But then I suggested why not get the ILX since my friend had a 2013 version (6spd 2.4L w/ over 180k miles on it that was trouble free) plus it also looked pretty damn good compared to a plane jane Civic.

She ended up with a 2014 Black on Black ILX with the 2.0L and 5spd w/ 43k miles for $13,900, 15,800 out the door with new tint and brand new tires which we negotiated. I think it was the best deal in AZ, when the dealers wanted 17-18k before TTL for the same mileage. Also 14' was the first year for basically a standard Premium Package over the 13's.

But like Hiptech said, it was more of a feeling when she drove the car, she immediately fell in love with it and nothing else would compare. She is also a massage therapist and was super picky about the seats and only the Acura ones were befitting of her taste, everything Toyota was mushy and non supportive which I tend to agree with. The ILX seats felt better than my 06 RSX-S seats.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

That 2.0l ilx is a good long term investment in my opinion. If I had another car aside from my 1993 Nissan to take trips back home my wife would maybe have one of those too. The prices even with low miles and tech right now are good. We have to cross the smokies two or three times a year with luggage and I kept picturing myself trying not to strain the engine too much climbing some of those hills.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their input. I am happy we bought what we did and I forgot how the tsx is kind of a sporty sedan. It feels very capable in a cb7 sorta way. It's not grandparent soft but not too harsh....perfect pourage.
        ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

I always saw the tsx as the spiritual successor to the Cb7. It seems like Honda got the same mix of quality, luxury, and sport. Definitely a good choice! I hope it treats you well!

Comment

Working...
          X