Rear trailing arm bushing FOUND IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear trailing arm bushing FOUND IT!

For everyone looking for this part, I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A REPLACEMENT!

http://www.jegs.com/i/Energy%20Suspe...7105R/10002/-1

Best of all, its provided from ENERGY, so it should last a while, and its red The only thing im not sure about is the design for the center shaft, if you need to provide your own, or if you get one in the bushing, but i know this, im going to be buying 2 next week!
    EDIT:
    And for all you nuts on ENERGY suspension, i think these are the best prices i have seen for a long time... Definitly worth the buy! Let me know if you hav dealt with them before, looks like this site is going to provide my overhaul kit!
    Last edited by js593; 06-22-2008, 11:44 PM.
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

If this is a direct drop in replacement the WOOT! But how do you know that the size and everything is the same? Not trying to disprove, just wondering. Like, are the trailing arms of the CB similar to the Preludes?

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
      If this is a direct drop in replacement the WOOT! But how do you know that the size and everything is the same? Not trying to disprove, just wondering. Like, are the trailing arms of the CB similar to the Preludes?
      I dont think it would be a problem, When i seen the prelude one at the junkyard, it had me wondering the same, when i found this, i was glorified. I will call them for dimensions.
      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Yeah you better check the specs on that. I've never seen anyone make a trailing arm bushing for our cars. There might be one that fits out there but that's a lot of research.
        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct View Post
          Yeah you better check the specs on that. I've never seen anyone make a trailing arm bushing for our cars. There might be one that fits out there but that's a lot of research.
          http://www.hardrace.com/products.asp...25&strClass3=6

There is a trailing arm bushing replacement right there. The 90-97 share the same trailing arm. However, it isn't Polyurethane which is what most people want.

Comment

^Yup, I actually have 2 Hardrace r. trailing arm bushings waiting to be installed. They are hard rubber and not poly but there are so many debates on which is better. I've heard that polyurethane will cause binding when used as a r. trailing arm bushing, don't ask me how. I myself, don't really care but at the time Hardrace was around, so I got a pair of the trailing arm bushings and a pair of r. lower strut mounts.

IMO polyurethane is a great material for bushings, but they really shine when it comes to "impact" bushings such as lower strut mounts that take an absolute pounding

Comment

The one orignially posted are for civics and tegs. Not accords.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                ^Yup, I actually have 2 Hardrace r. trailing arm bushings waiting to be installed. They are hard rubber and not poly but there are so many debates on which is better. I've heard that polyurethane will cause binding when used as a r. trailing arm bushing, don't ask me how. I myself, don't really care but at the time Hardrace was around, so I got a pair of the trailing arm bushings and a pair of r. lower strut mounts.

IMO polyurethane is a great material for bushings, but they really shine when it comes to "impact" bushings such as lower strut mounts that take an absolute pounding
                That's a good point. I'm not so sure about how well Polyurethane would work in the case of a trailing arm bushing. I mean really, with this bushing, you are not going to feel any difference between a hard rubber or poly replacement.

Comment

Yeah, I mean just like anything (undampened crank pullies, stiff suspension, lightweight flywheels etc...) some people absolutely swear by hard rubber, others poly, some believe it depends on the bushing, it just goes on and on!

I've read several opinions that really knocked on polyurethane regarding binding, squeaking, being too stiff and unforgiving, destroying other parts. I've had great success w/ my Prothane total kit

Comment

i filled mine with urethane lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      Cheap ass

Comment

A friend of mine recently did the same exact thing on his EG 4dr and it actually worked pretty well, since he wanted to keep the cost down w/ repairs.

Comment

Hmm...Actually I think I'd like to do that too to be cheap. The only problem with that is the two days for curing.
                          And how does it stand up being used in the suspension (I've only heard about its use in motor mounts)?
                          Last edited by Otto; 07-03-2008, 05:25 PM.
                          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Those bushings actually make a big difference. Have those loose contributes to rear wheel side to side movement, essential creating a steering effect from the rear of the car. We install OE rubber bushings in Civic's and tegs for our customer when they tear and its a huge difference in handling and cornering.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

I think I need some, because when i hit a bump i can feel the rear go side to side.
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X