CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Old 06-27-2019, 05:55 AM   #581
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
[quote=Grumpys93;3289965]On the datalog run today decided to snap a quick pic of the cb out of the garage. You can only look at an engine bay so many times. It needs a lip, but there isn't enough meat at the bottom of the bumper to mount the lip. So I will have to try and figure something out.

Looks great! What happened to your meat :P ?
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:25 PM   #582
Mike1357
CB7tuner Member

Mike1357 is cool... so far.
It rears it's head once again!
Old 07-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #583
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
[quote=Raf99;3289976]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
On the datalog run today decided to snap a quick pic of the cb out of the garage. You can only look at an engine bay so many times. It needs a lip, but there isn't enough meat at the bottom of the bumper to mount the lip. So I will have to try and figure something out.

Looks great! What happened to your meat :P ?
Lol! Oh my meat is still there. But the bumper meat had to be shaved off on the bottom to clear the intercooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1357 View Post
It rears it's head once again!
Yes it did! Glad to see your still in the game Mike!
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:38 PM   #584
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

So I think I figured out my overheating issue today. When I went to burp the coolant system, my coolant was spewing out like water when its boiling. So I thought maybe I overfilled it. Took a baster and took some fluid and it seemed to stop. Anyways long story short. I checked the temp of both hoses and the top hose was piping hot while the bottom hose slightly warm. I was pretty much able to keep my hand on it the whole time. So pretty much led me to believe my aftermarket thermostat is stuck closed.

So today I ordered a new OEM one which should get here on Friday. I will replace this and hopefully see my ECT stay below 200. Fingers Crossed.

If not we will proceed to the next step which will most likely be a new radiator.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
Old 07-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #585
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
To mount a lip, you could try to reinforce the mounting surface of the lip with a piece of sheet metal to span the area under the intercooler. I had a fiberglas lip/air dam on my 1982 Citation X11 - I hit a rabbit at 80 mph and he punched a hole right through it. I repaired it and reinforced the lower edge of the lip with an aluminum strip about 3/4 inch wide and about 1/16 thick.
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:41 PM   #586
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

The issue I have is that I have meat for it to drill into the sides of the bumper, but not on the front. Literally the front of the bumper is paper thin. But I first need to figure out this over heating issue. I replaced the thermostat with an OEM one today, and the water pump is a brand new OEM one. So the only thing that I can think of that's left is either a clog or the radiator is shot.

Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-07-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #587
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
The issue I have is that I have meat for it to drill into the sides of the bumper, but not on the front. Literally the front of the bumper is paper thin. But I first need to figure out this over heating issuer. I replaced the thermostat with an OEM one today, and the water pump is a brand new OEM one. So the only thing that I can think of that's left is either a clog or the radiator is shot.
Can we see a pic of the no lip bumper part?
And are you saying you still have a temp. issue ?? (have a temp gun?, what's the temp of the lower hose vs the upper hose?)
Old 07-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #588
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
Can we see a pic of the no lip bumper part?
And are you saying you still have a temp. issue ?? (have a temp gun?, what's the temp of the lower hose vs the upper hose?)
Iíll snap a pic tonight since I will have to take the bumper off anyways. Yes Iím still having issues with the overtemp. I donít have a heat gun but I know the lower hose is always cooler then the upper hose. Just by touch. I bought a new radiator and will see if this helps. So if this doesnít work, Iíll be digging into the water pump. Iíve become an expert at taking off and putting on the timing belt now.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #589
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Iíll snap a pic tonight since I will have to take the bumper off anyways. Yes Iím still having issues with the overtemp. I donít have a heat gun but I know the lower hose is always cooler then the upper hose. Just by touch. I bought a new radiator and will see if this helps. So if this doesnít work, Iíll be digging into the water pump. Iíve become an expert at taking off and putting on the timing belt now.
There must be an easier way..... , but the pump would explain the long battle with this....
Old 07-08-2019, 04:30 PM   #590
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Ok so got the new radiator installed its a 94 integra full size radiator. It required some modification, but nothing to extensive. Went for a drive and with it being 98* put temp got no higher then 195. Going from 204-206 to 192-195 I am happy. I have a 12" Spal fan coming in tomorrow which should help this as well.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:08 PM   #591
Raf99
Gold Member

Great news! I'm curious to know if your temps drop more with the fan in place.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:59 PM   #592
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Installed the Spal Fan today and just letting it idle in the driveway with the temperature outside at 92* It did not get any higher then 185. Now I didn't go driving at all but I let it idle for a good 15 mins or so. So I believe the overheat issue is resolved.

Next is to decide whether to put my G-Square grill on or Keep OEM. I can't decide so what do you guys think?

G-Square:

OEM:

I will be taking the car to get an alignment and new tires hopefully next week, But we shall see how my wallet feels.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:12 PM   #593
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT seems to have made some friends!
I've always felt like the G-Square fitted poorly, as if it was made for a slightly different car. Almost like how people on here used to like retrofitting fifth-gen grilles.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:13 PM   #594
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
I've always felt like the G-Square fitted poorly, as if it was made for a slightly different car. Almost like how people on here used to like retrofitting fifth-gen grilles.
This is true and I think itís the curve on the bottom corners that give it that look. If they squared it off I think it would look much better.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:58 AM   #595
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Quote:
This is true and I think itís the curve on the bottom corners that give it that look. If they squared it off I think it would look much better.
I loved both of my G-Square grills. I thought they made the front end more noticable. Everyone has different taste in the end.

Aside from my JDM 1-piece headlights, my 5-lug conversion, and my H, I think the G-Square was one of the best mods for it. Rare, subtle, and functional - clean.

"I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I tell ya, it's a weird thing to say. I am a f**king millionaire!"

Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:40 PM   #596
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

So I haven’t updated this in a while. No I haven’t blown it up, just been doing the whole tuning process. The car is now tuned thanks to my friends at Etunez. Steve is great at what he does highly recommend them. They specialize in K series but confess they have a special spot for CBs. Car is currently running 15-16 psi I may bump it up to 18 but for right now I just want to get use to 15 psi.

The thing is scary and boy does it want to go. I am looking for a place that isn’t an hour and half drive away to see if I can get 3 dyno pulls to see what she is putting down. But all in all I’m happy and though it scares me driving it. I love driving her. Next time I take her out I’ll bring the GoPro with me.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:15 PM   #597
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
So I havenít updated this in a while. No I havenít blown it up, just been doing the whole tuning process. The car is now tuned thanks to my friends at Etunez. Steve is great at what he does highly recommend them. They specialize in K series but confess they have a special spot for CBs. Car is currently running 15-16 psi I may bump it up to 18 but for right now I just want to get use to 15 psi.

The thing is scary and boy does it want to go. I am looking for a place that isnít an hour and half drive away to see if I can get 3 dyno pulls to see what she is putting down. But all in all Iím happy and though it scares me driving it. I love driving her. Next time I take her out Iíll bring the GoPro with me.
Sweet man! I wish I had a go pro, all vids turn out bumpy.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:39 AM   #598
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Here is a quick video of a 40 roll from 2nd to 3rd gear at 15psi.

Side note: can someone tell me how to embed videos so you don’t have to go to YouTube to watch it. Thanks.

Last edited by Grumpys93; 08-19-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:40 PM   #599
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Here is a quick video of a 40 roll from 2nd to 3rd gear at 15psi.

https://youtu.be/Ye2FrB-P-7Y

Side note: can someone tell me how to embed videos so you don’t have to go to YouTube to watch it. Thanks.
..... [YOOTUBE][/YOOTUBE] - but spell youtube properly.

haha...SWEEET!. ... so do you get nervous driving it ?
Old 08-20-2019, 01:49 AM   #600
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
Love the vid man. That car is going to soon be a 4cyl rocket ship!

~Mark~
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: