Mini jumpstart packs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini jumpstart packs?

These seem to be advertised everywhere lately. I've had full-size jump packs in the past, and they're nice... but no good for carrying around on a regular basis. Heavy, bulky... bleh.
    These mini ones look promising, though. Some are $200+, others are $30+. I'm sure, as with anything, you get what you pay for... but I'm really curious to hear how well they work (any of them.) Does

Does anyone have any experience with them? I'm interested in one I can leave in my car (which can get quite hot), and that will preferably jump the thing through the cigarette lighter socket (which I just learned was a thing!)

ya i'm curious too. I've seen these on horsepower TV long ago and the cig lighter is the coolest thing ever! But.... how well do they work? Do you get one shot and then you have to charge the unit again?

Comment

I saw a $30 one on amazon that claimed 16 starts on a charge. Whether or not that's true...
      I'd just need one or two!

Comment

You got a link?

Comment

I can't figure out how to get the link from my amazon app, and I'm not near my computer, but the brand is GOSO. 15 starts. $30 usd.

Comment

Deev,
            I have the NOCO Genius Boost HD GB70.

Sorry for the crappy picture, it was dark.
            Had it for two or three years (can't remember exactly) and I LOVE IT. Used it four times this winter (on mine and other vehicles). Works extremely well.
            Used it to jump start a 57 Chevy Truck without a battery.
            Jumpstarted a guys pull behind tree chipper too. I'm like the go-to guy in the neighborhood when someone has a dead battery because of this awesome little guy.

I have it in my backseat all the time. I bring it in once or twice a year to fully charger it (via USB). Has an 12V adaptor too.
            Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

We have a NOCO also, typically rides around in my wife's Pilot. Worked well the few times I've had to use it.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Those mini lithium ones are mediocre. They cant pump out enough juice quickly enough, so they end up acting as a mini charger, so you need to leave it sitting while it "tops off" your battery to start from it. I think they recommend letting it sit attached for 15 minutes to charge. It kinda works, not so well with a completely dead battery...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

So I imagine the cheap ones you have to keep it on the battery until it's charged and the expensive ones you do not. Even the NOCO Genies Boost HD GB70 is still $271CDN on Amazon. It puts out 2000amps / 12V. The cheap ones are the NOCO Genius G750 6V/12V .75A for $47.

0.75amps compared to 2000amps is a big difference. So I'm going to guess this is another case of "you pay for what you get"...

Comment

Gah. It's looking that way.
                    I didn't want an expensive one, since the Miata is pretty simple to break into (I usually leave it unlocked... nothing in it is worth more than the top, which could get slashed by a thief!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Gah. It's looking that way.
                      I didn't want an expensive one, since the Miata is pretty simple to break into (I usually leave it unlocked... nothing in it is worth more than the top, which could get slashed by a thief!)
                      Just bolt it to the engine bay near the battery. Instant life saver

Comment

Even better, the factory battery location is in the trunk, which can't be opened from the cabin (key only). I could probably wire it to the fuse box so it charges when the car is running.

Comment

I got my Noco jump starter from a vendor at work (free) for buying products. I don't know which one it is but it's 4000amps. A couple hundo I think I was told. Used it once I think.

Comment

Working...
                          X