Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could have one car that was released the year you were born, what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
    Mitsubishi starion. I have limited options in 82.
    I picked the same exact thing. I was so underwhelmed by the options in '82 that I didn't even want to post what I picked. Or take the time to find and upload any pictures of it.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
      There were a few interesting exotic cars in 1985 such as the Countach and the Lotus Espirit Turbo to give a couple of examples. But I would probably be too afraid to drive something like that or leave it anywhere in a parking lot.

So for a car that I would actually drive regularly, I am going to go with the 1985 Prelude Si
      I love this shape, but my all time favorite Prelude has to be the last year 1991 Prelude Si. What a perfect design!
      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        I picked the same exact thing. I was so underwhelmed by the options in '82 that I didn't even want to post what I picked. Or take the time to find and upload any pictures of it.
        How could you be underwhelmed with the Cadillac Cimarron?

14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Looks like any other GM car from the 80's if you ask me. Granted a bit higher up on the quality food chain, but hell it just reminds me of pretty much all the other sedan's from the 80's. Just blah!
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

'68 Firebird
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
              1990 - 300ZX two seater, twin turbo, T-top, manual transmission in azure blue pearl with a black interior.

I actually test drove that car in NA form (I didn't think they made azure in TT?) when I was car shopping. I liked it a lot, but the interior was in surprisingly rough shape for a 63,000 mile car and it had the beginnings of rust.

I did very much enjoy it. Part of me wishes I held out for a 300ZX, but I was in need of a car while I was waiting for my Tacoma settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                I actually test drove that car in NA form (I didn't think they made azure in TT?) when I was car shopping. I liked it a lot, but the interior was in surprisingly rough shape for a 63,000 mile car and it had the beginnings of rust.

I did very much enjoy it. Part of me wishes I held out for a 300ZX, but I was in need of a car while I was waiting for my Tacoma settlement.
                I almost bought an N/A Z32 a few years ago. Red. It was rough though. About the same time a few years ago I went for a ride in a Z32 that was owned by one of the owners of Zhookup. It made somewhere around 530whp. I used to hang out with those guys quite often during street racing nights back in Missouri.

Comment

If it's limited to cars that were released when I was born, I'd probably have to go with the Acura NSX. Now if it was just a car that was in production at the time, the F40 would take the cake hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    I've done a little reading and it seems kinda awesome now. The 4g63 was one of the motors so I would guess there is some aftermarket support.
                    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

The Starion/Conquest has always been a bad-ass car, where have you been? It seems to have gone down as more of a cult classic, but still so very underrated.

Supposedly it was to be called the "Stallion," but that's an American listening to a Japanese spokesperson over the phone for you, lol.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-11-2017, 09:57 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

1989 soooo hands down:

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I am not much of a VW guy but I honestly would daily this, after all it is the car that started the hot hatch craze back then.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post

I am not much of a VW guy but I honestly would daily this, after all it is the car that started the hot hatch craze back then.
                            I think the first hot hatch can be considered the 72 Gremlin 401-XR.
                            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                              The Starion/Conquest has always been a bad-ass car, where have you been? It seems to have gone down as more of a cult classic, but still so very underrated.

Supposedly it was to be called the "Stallion," but that's an American listening to a Japanese spokesperson over the phone for you, lol.

Thank you for posting a pic I can't cause I'm stupid. Kinda dope though right? Like an American ft86.or is it ae 86 auto correct
                              Last edited by cb7 calling; 08-11-2017, 09:23 PM.
                              ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

I wasn't aware of this. Neat fact. And a very cool car as well. One of my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                                X