Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension question

would Acura 97-99 2.2 CL - Koni Sport (Yellow) Shocks fit on a cb7 perfectly??

it will

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Should bolt right up
      Burn Rubber Not Your Soul !!
      Car is for sale

Comment

The valving might not be ideal, but yes, they will work.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          The valving might not be ideal, but yes, they will work.

Just checked on tirerack.com....same part number!
          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Yes, but that doesn't mean that the valving is correct. Most suspensions that fit the 4th generation were made with the 5th generation (and variants) in mind. They bolt right on, but it's not EXACTLY the same.

Form and Function Autolife created their Type 2 coilover system for the CB with the help of stickydiljoe. They started with their CD Accord suspension, and found that some modification was necessary to make it truly useful for the CB. They actually shortened the shocks, I believe.

"Just recently introduced into the CB market a little over a month ago, these are the newest line of coilovers for the 90-93 Accord chassis. These are NOT the same as the 94-97 applications as the shocks are shorter giving the 90-93 chassis the ultimate in ride height adjustability as well as 18-way adjustable dampening. This system is based off of my car personally as I over saw the development of these coilovers specifically for our chassis Accords."

Comment

Yes, but that doesn't mean that the valving is correct.

Uh...it doesn't mean its wrong, either.

Are the Koni's valved wrong for the 90-93 Accords?

Or are they valved wrong for the Acura 2.2 CL's?
              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.

Comment

Right. Which is why I said it might not be idea, not that it isn't ideal.

Most of the more expensive aftermarket parts are made for the newer cars. If they bolt right into the older models, then they can be used. However, it'd be foolish for a company such as Koni to waste resources designing a specific item for an older car. It doesn't mean that they didn't, but I would think it's unlikely. It's not exactly an item that is in extremely high demand.

Comment

However, it'd be foolish for a company such as Koni to waste resources designing a specific item for an older car. It doesn't mean that they didn't, but I would think it's unlikely. It's not exactly an item that is in extremely high demand.
                  Yeah, yeah...but it hasn't always been an older car. These could very well be the same part numbers AND valving from 1991, when the model was new.

Comment

That is very true. If there is any way to find out of Koni made these particular shocks in 1990-1993, then I would say they're most likely made for this specific car (and that the newer models may be the ones with the improper design)

Still, it's a possibility. The suspensions are interchangeable, but not 100% identical. That means that with a shared part number, something has been compromised somewhere... unless the differences have been eliminated by using whatever common design they have.

Of course, that means that the CL shocks are every bit as good as a CB7 shock from Koni... because they're the same thing. So going by that, yes... they'll work. They'll work as well as ones for the CB7, since the part number is the same (and I have them... right or not, I like them smooth when soft, go kart when stiff)

Comment

Working...
                    X