Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

16's???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16's???

so i know this is more a "its what you want to do with your car" kind of question but i want to know the opinions of others..

so i saw a post on craigslist where a guy is selling a set of no name black 6 star rims that are 16 and also some oem cd5 rims without centers for 100 each set.

so my question is would 16s look good on cb7's are they too big? How would they effect my ride and height, i have lowered my car on non adjustable springs, not sure specific height of them because i got them from a friend. anything helps thanks?

is there anyone on here that can photoshop the rims on my car if i upload some pic of my ride and car?
    Freaks Crew! FB pg
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002231470942
    MRT LINK
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post2814259

haha whats up and welcome to the game. 16s are the best of both worlds between the 15 and 17. drop your car and the 16s will look mean on the CB

Be Clean

Comment

Anything bigger than 14 looks good.

15-20" = ideal

You can't go wrong with 16s at all. I've got 18s on the car in my sig.

Comment

My personal opinion is that these cars need atleast a 16"-17" wheel. I'm currently dailying on 15 and I think they need to move up. Mind you, I look at it from more of a performance aspect, but for the strip, I will be running 14s.

Crazymikey - I wasn't aware falken made the hanabis in an 18". I thought only 17s in the +20 or +40~ offset area. I must say they do look great on your car, what is the width and offset on those if you don't mind me asking?

Cb7freak91 - if you decide to not get the wheels, would you mind sharing the craigslist link with us?
        1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
        1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
        Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

16s are perfect in my eyes. just gotta make sure you have a drop to make them look good tho. heres a couple pics of my 16s. running 205/55s on the 1st set and 195/50s on the 2nd. just so you know, dont do more than 55 series for the tires or it'll look like crap.

16x7s i think

16x7.5s. +33 offset

Comment

I agree with shadow, I'm running 205/55 on my 15s and 50 series would've been nicer. The tire roll is really what's killing it for me though. 205/55 on a 5.5 inch wide wheel = no bueno.

Shadow1 - car looks great, what headlights are those?
            1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
            1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
            Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Originally posted by 91H22ACB7 View Post
              I agree with shadow, I'm running 205/55 on my 15s and 50 series would've been nicer. The tire roll is really what's killing it for me though. 205/55 on a 5.5 inch wide wheel = no bueno.

Shadow1 - car looks great, what headlights are those?
              yeah. if you have a 16" wheel, no more than a 55 series. but it depends on low you plan on going. let us know and we can help you more. we need more help on the specs. width and offset(not really the offset but would be nice. lol).

91H22ACB7-they're OEM headlights. just blackhoused.

Comment

My personal opinion is that these cars need atleast a 16"-17" wheel. I'm currently dailying on 15 and I think they need to move up. Mind you, I look at it from more of a performance aspect, but for the strip, I will be running 14s.

Crazymikey - I wasn't aware falken made the hanabis in an 18". I thought only 17s in the +20 or +40~ offset area. I must say they do look great on your car, what is the width and offset on those if you don't mind me asking?

No idea on any specs on the wheels. I bought them used off some guy who had them on a 94 Prelude. They fit nicely for sure, however they had 215/35/18 rubber, which IMO, wasn't quite enough meat for me. I probably would have gone with a 215 or 225/40/18 at the minimum.

Comment

My cb7 has 16x7 with 205/55 tires, and it think its about perfect.

Comment

Cb7freak91 - if you decide to not get the wheels, would you mind sharing the craigslist link with us?
                    http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/2359408387.html

i stumbled upon it browsing through the orlando auto parts on cl.. i bought a 2" exhaust with dc headers and dynomax muffler all for $100 put it on my car and it sounds beautiful.. the guy has a cb7 with a f20b vtec swap says his a member here, havent tried to look him up but hes got some lude rims no name 6 star rims which are the 16s and some cd5 rims w/o center caps amongst other things check it out!!!
                    Freaks Crew! FB pg
                    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002231470942
                    MRT LINK
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post2814259

Comment

205/50r16 it almost the same diameter as a factor 195/60r15 wheel this won't change your speedometer that much You can use this site to play with some tire size.
                      http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

Comment

I put 16 inch rims on back in 1998, might go with 17's someday.

Comment

Working...
                        X