• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another site:
    http://www.takumiproject.com/index.html

the page you need on that site:
    http://www.takumiproject.com/products.asp

the page allows for you to browse by brand, or conduct a search using the brand you desire, the size, the number of bolts on the wheel, and the pitch.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

hmmm what is the lowest offset you can have for the accord?

Product ID: C0402042 Availability: SOLD
      Brand: ADVAN Model: SUPER ADVAN SA3
      Price: $880
      Bolt Pattern: 4x114.3 Size: 17"
      Width: (F) 7J (R) 8J Offset: (F) 32mm (R) 32mm

are you pondering what I'm pondering ??
      OS^e
      1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Originally posted by shawn.hayden
        are you pondering what I'm pondering ??
        umm... how to get more cheese?

i'm not sure the lowest offset you can go on an accord.
        probably a question better asked in the wheels/suspension forum.
        maybe with some 10mm spacers (pushing it from +32mm to +42mm) it could be done. though tire places seem to frown on the use of spacers with wheels, lots of vip style cars use spacers.
        (check out this thread for some hot ass pics, and www.vipstylecars.com to see and learn).

perhaps something that will help:
        http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.htm

Comment

I know that 42mm offset wheel will work... hmmm I'll have to do some research on this... thanks for the links/info/pic elliot!
          OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

I want those and in bronze LOL

also the ae86 and 240 wheels fit our cars.
            "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
            sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
            Did work for: jhoff_cb7
            Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

ya but the offsets are way off.... you have to do a little customizing to make em fit (ex: spacers)
              OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

where can i buy tha 96 ITR rims?

H23?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Tuner915
                  where can i buy tha 96 ITR rims?
                  members on this board or others (honda-tech, jspek.com)
                  www.ebay.com
                  www.passwordjdm.com

Comment

here's a link to a good quality set of spacers. both 5mm and 10mm spacers are sold the guy knows wheel issues like the back of his hand (check www.vipstylecars.com, user name onetonvip).

someone should get try those advans!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Comment

damnit if they weren't rear wheel drive wheels I would probably be all over them....

17x8 in the front 17x9 in the rear, you'd DEFINATLY have issues with fitment in the rear.
                      OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

Originally posted by shawn.hayden
                        damnit if they weren't rear wheel drive wheels I would probably be all over them....

17x8 in the front 17x9 in the rear, you'd DEFINATLY have issues with fitment in the rear.
                        idk... i need to learn more about wheels.
                        the only thing i know about rear wheel drive cars is that they tend to be able to accept wheels with negative offsets (thus allowing for crazy lip if desired).

i would think the only fitment issues in the rear would be that the wheels would stick out beyond the body.

Comment

some bad news... the problem with lower offset wheels is that they stick out too far. adding a 10mm spacer to a +32 offset wheel = a +22 offset.
                          HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                            some bad news... the problem with lower offset wheels is that they stick out too far. adding a 10mm spacer to a +32 offset wheel = a +22 offset.
                            damn, you're right!

the higher/more positive/further from zero the offset, the closer it is to the vehicle.
                            the lower/more negative/closer to zero the offset, the further it is from the vehicle.

a spacer reduces rim offset (i.e. makes it lower/more negative/closer to zero) and thus pushes it further from the vehicle. i forgot that you subtract, not add when calculating the use of a spacer.

edit: some more info i found on offset for those interested-

Offset is the location of the flat mounting surface of a wheel relative to the wheel's centerline. Negative offset means the mounting surface is toward the center of the car, positive offset means it is toward the outside of the car, or the wheel is "pulled in" toward the center. Offset affects many things other than just whether the wheel has the appearance of "sticking out" past the fender. The wrong offset can cause rubbing problems when the suspension is compressed or the wheel is turned. Offset affects the steering geometry's scrub radius, possibly leading to problems with torque steer or self-centering characteristics. Offset also affects the suspension's motion ratio, which directly determines the effective spring and damper rates. Potentially, in a very heavily loaded vehicle, or with extreme changes in offsets, wheel bearing life can be affected, but this is more often talked about by truck people than by small car enthusiasts. It is very, very important that the proper offset wheels be used.

The formula to find offset located above the photo is incorrect. The correct formula is: Offset = Backspace - (width/2)

While not directly a matter of offset, brake caliper clearance is a related issue. If you have, or plan to have big brakes on your car, be sure that your wheels, or the wheels you are going to use, will fit over the calipers. Spacers are available to solve the problem if they don't, but it is best to get a wheel with enough dish to meet your offset specs and still fit your brakes. Consulting the wheel and brake manufacturers ahead of time is wise. Many aftermarket brake companies even have templates of their brakes available that you can easily check against any wheel.

source: http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/te...cc_wheelguide/

edit 2: though in the end, using a spacer would ensure caliper clearance... but it would probably look a bit funny. or would it? bimmer and v dub guys/gals run wheels that stick out just a bit, and it looks cool:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. maybe it just takes one of us to begin the journey...

Comment

I think im going to get theses...

Comment

i created a thread about rwd wheels on a fwd car:
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=12533

i guess those super advans may be a bit too wide for the rear, as 93akkord/shawn.hayden thought... or are they?!?!!?

edit: cb7deathride, i thought you said no more jdm items?!?! g square wheels to go with a g square grill?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X