No announcement yet.

Tippey764 : 1991 Integra RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you are ok man. Sucks about the teg, hopefully you can fix her up and get her back on the road.

Comment

Fuck i think the front lower sub frame might be bent. I hope to shit its alright.

Comment

Ugh i just put in 5 hours to get the sub frame off. Luckly EVERYTHING went smoothly. I only had 1 small problem getting the steering rack out at the end, the joint was not released enough to let it slide out. Besides that i didn't have a single stubborn bolt, stuck clip or random bullshit problem, even the bitch pin on the shifter assembly came out with ease.

The damage

Comment

That doesn't look like much fun.

Comment

The project is slowly moving along now

The new sub frame

The guy also gave me a 9293 intake box, its slightly better since it has that extra inlet on the back

Comment

How much did that run you?

Pick and pull?

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                How much did that run you?

Pick and pull?
                Guy on craigslist

I got this from him

Front lower sub frame
                Front left lower control arm
                steering rack
                front sway bar
                windshield wiper cowl
                1 front mud flap
                shift rod in better condition than my own

All for $60. he was an 80 mile drive ( 160 round trip ) but it was worth it.

Comment

Wow that was a nice steal for only 60 bucks plus alittle in gas money.

I need to replace my front subframe but have been putting it off...

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                    Wow that was a nice steal for only 60 bucks plus alittle in gas money.

I need to replace my front subframe but have been putting it off...
                    Whats wrong with yours?

Comment

I'm very impressed with all the repair work you're able to do at your age. I hope the rest of the job goes smoothly. Good luck!
                      Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                      2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                      2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        Whats wrong with yours?
                        I hit a patch of ice and slid into a curb and i took it to a shop(should have done it myself) and they replaced the lower control arm and i had a spare rim that they threw on as well. The mechanic didn't say the frame was bent though? He said to just get cheap tires from now on? I think that the shop did not know that the subframe was removable?

I wanted to see if they over looked anything so i took off the plastic cover that protects the front subframe. I noticed that it looked somewhat damaged. I was at a pick and pull trying to get the subframe but the bolts were stripped so i just took the toe bar i believe(piece that hooks up with the flexpipe hanger).

Well the holes don't line up mine are off by a 1/2 inch. So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at this point because as of right now had two alignments since then. They have said it is 2 degress off or something? So now it is eating away at the inner portion of my tires.

I figured i would try and replace anything that i noticed was damaged but i think it is leading me to believe the frame may have been damaged....and it maybe ireversible...

Comment

Well after an ass load of work and money the car is back together and driveable for the most part

Parts i had to buy

2 new lower ball joints
                          2 new tie rods
                          2 new axles

a new wheel ( i just bought a new set of wheels )

A new left lower control arm
                          A new left knuckle
                          Exhaust gaskets

All in all i think i've spent about $600 on this car for this accident. fuuuuuu

Comment

parting it out back to stock in lieu of the new replacement

Comment

Is this the first legend you've had? I know youve always liked them

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Nice teggy. I love the DA coupes

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                                BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                                Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                                CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X