No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully nothing goes wrong. I live about 2 hours away from both Rochester and Mankato but I wouldnt mind a nice drive down to either one of those towns.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
      Hopefully nothing goes wrong. I live about 2 hours away from both Rochester and Mankato but I wouldnt mind a nice drive down to either one of those towns.
      That's awesome. I don't think anything will happen. I just don't know this car very well. And it's the only thing I have to drive up there! lol

Needless to say if something did happen you would be very fairly compensated for your assistance if you were able to provide it.

Having ones rear pulled out of a sling is near priceless. And it's good to know a network of people if and when something goes south.

Comment

aRyqiuA by Jesus Gonzalez, on Flickr

I Just had to do it!
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Needless to say nothing went wrong. Still doing well. Still anticipating future work and improvements.

Comment

Time for an oil change.

Ordered 5 quarts of Royal Purple SAE 10w30 and a Royal Purple 353465 oil filter.

I prefer OEM oil filters for this but couldn't get one very timely. Both the oil and filter for this will arrive Monday. I hope to get to this some time next week.

Comment

I just read through this whole thread, love it!

Where do you buy Royal Purple?
              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                I just read through this whole thread, love it!

Where do you buy Royal Purple?
                Thank you.

Amazon. For a 5 quart jug it's $36.88 shipped.

I ordered at 8:30PM CST last night and it may already be on my doorstep today. If not it will be there today some time. I have Amazon Prime.

Comment

I've heard only good things about Royal purple oil, I might go for it.
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I run it because having a turbocharger the oil which is ran through the turbo for lubrication is exposed to very high temperatures. That and the 4G63 only has 100k on it.

It holds up well honestly. From what I can tell. I try to let the turbo cool it's self by staying out of boost for the last minute or so of driving. Just so the oil left in the turbo isn't "cooked" by sitting in the turbo once it's shut off. And so the turbo isn't sitting there baking it's self after the car is shut off.

Comment

Too bad yours isn't an Eclipse then you could add this...

Code:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6sZg3iL5EY&list=PL566FC4E25B984946&index=1
                      My Collection:
                      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
                        Too bad yours isn't an Eclipse then you could add this...

Code:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6sZg3iL5EY&list=PL566FC4E25B984946&index=1

I remember seeing this probably around a decade ago. Whoever the owner was had a lot of time in it.

All that to a car that isn't a GSX or even a GST though... Idk maybe that's all they had.

The tail lights are interchangeable between the Talon and Eclipse by the way. Quite a few conversions have been done. There isn't much to it.

Comment

Ready for an oil change. Crappy picture.

Comment

Getting set up for a transmission fluid change. And man is it expensive...

I went to Chrysler and picked up 8 quarts of Mopar ATF+4.

I ordered an OEM transmission filter and pan gasket.

Fluid was like $80 and the filter and pan gasket was another $80.

But being as the last time it had a fluid and possibly a filter change it was done by a shop.

It shifts ok but doesn't shift at all like I'd like it to. It always seems to want to lug it's self. Then once you lean into it the snappy little T25 spools to 8 or 10psi like nothing and it causes it to take off real fast and sometimes downshift. Typically only for it to upshift again and lug it's self.

First gear is super short. So when coming to a stop sign unless you come almost to a complete dead stop it stays in 2nd gear and bogs it's self when you take off. So when it does this your first instinct is to lean into it a bit. But again, once it builds boost it takes off like a rocket and you have to let out of it.

I imagine everything is operating as it should and according to the service manual it is. It's just annoying. The TCU combined with the snappy turbo makes it drive not to my preferences.

Still yet, I'm going to change the transmission fluid, filter and pan gasket and see what happens. It sure won't hurt anything.
                            Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-14-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Michigan Motorsports OBDII Data Link pigtail.

Getting Open ECU, EvoScan and CeddyMods up and running on new laptop. Tired of connection problems from worn factory data link (previous owner(s)).

Comment

Changed the oil. Going on a business trip in this.

Comment

Working...
                                X