No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1986 Ford F-250 XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the new shocks on the front today. Bolts were a little easier to get off. Drives a little better. Bumps are a lot less harsh.

The old front shocks.

And all four old shocks.

Comment

I hope you're up to date on your tetnis shots after those shocks.

Please keep it the same colors when you restore it!

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        I hope you're up to date on your tetnis shots after those shocks.

Please keep it the same colors when you restore it!
        Actually, no. Mines been expired for like a decade.

I plan to actually! It's got some pin striping on it that I want to replicate. On the hood, fenders and bed. I don't know who did it or when it was done but I like it!

Comment

Pictures?

Comment

^^^^

Comment

This thing sits and has sat for a few months. I may have to use this to pull my Talon. The oil gets diluted in this thing super quick (rich fuel mixture) so I figured I would do an oil change.

Oriellys stinks so the only oil filter they had was a Wix XP. I'm not running synthetic (anymore) because I think the 460 has an internal issue. At the very least a bad distributor gear or a really sloppy timing chain. Either way I'm going to run it (if I move which I think I'm going to).

I went with cheap oil. And... an expensive oil filter. But it'll do.

Once I move, if I move the truck will be parked again, until I can pull the engine out. All it has to do is make it. (And pull my talon on a trailer).

Comment

Too bad you do not live closer to me as i have a connect on cheap(i mean cheap) syn blend oil for $20 a case. We run almost 500 miles a week so i started using that, only issue is that he only has 10w30 but last time i checked he had 1k plus cases. Filters i use either Hastings or private label wix from Rockauto, by the way thanks again for the coupon.
                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I would sure take you up on it. That's dirt cheap. 500 miles a week is mad. So is 1000 cases of oil! But hey, I can see it with those miles.

No problem on the coupon. Your very welcome friend!

Comment

Changed oil.

Comment

Glad to see you still have this rig!

I won't/can't rag on your for the Wix/Valvoline combo...tis' what I run on everything, lol!
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        Glad to see you still have this rig!

I won't/can't rag on your for the Wix/Valvoline combo...tis' what I run on everything, lol!
                        Still have it. Drove it yesterday. I forget how much I like driving it.

Yeah Valvoline is about the best affordable oil in my opinion. And most parts stores have Wix.

Comment

It's under the knife right now. Front end is tore apart. Replacing upper and lower ball joints as well as all bearings and seals in the front end. It's at my fathers shop on the lift. Like old times.

I have a 1300+ mile journey to my new home in Jackson Wyoming the 31st of this month. Lots to do before then.

Taking pics but can't post them yet.

Comment

I have the front end buttoned together. It was a pain but necessary. So glad to have it behind me. All new bearings, seals etc. Also installed what are called "slingers" on the axle stub shafts. Will keep debris from entering the hub through the back of the knuckle. I can't wait to see how it drives.

Only thing I wish I would have known is that grease can freeze. They make whats called freezer grease for extremely cold climates. Until the summer when I can clean all the new Timken and Valvoline marine grease out I'll just leave the hubs locked in. Incase they freeeze.

Waiting on all new Moog problem-solver tie rod ends and and adjusting sleeves. Will install them Monday. This week we're replacing the engine mounts and the driver side floor board.

Will post pics when i get better service. Maybe next week.

Comment

Got the front end completed yesterday. All bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends and tie rod end sleeves.

And I've started on the engine mounts. The passenger side is already removed. Got it out last night. One of the nuts were loose and the mount was really spongy. Removing the driver side tonight it will be harder.

-

Bought a couple things for Wyoming.

A Kats handi-heat 300 watt magnetic block heater.

A Kats 36" 80 watt battery heater.

And a 2' heavy duty 3 to 1 extension cord with lighted ends to run both into a single outlet.

Comment

This made it much easier. Cutting the nuts off the upper ball joints.

Comment

Working...
                                X