Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

will p12 ecu start h22a?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will p12 ecu start h22a?

Hi guys long time member who's account was deactivated (eightyfour84) for unknown reason.

Recently a car piqued my interest in the classifieds but the problem is the individual claims the ecu was stolen so the car can't be started. I have a p12 (I believe for non-vtec preludes) ecu on deck and I'm wondering if it will be sufficient to start the car? Car is a 6th gen coupe with a red top h22a and looks really clean for this rust belt area. I know it's not a cb7 but you guys know alot about this motors.

Please let me know.

Need to know what version of OBD the two items are using.

If the P12 you have is the same OBD as the car wire harness, it should start the engine. won't run the greatest but it should fire up.

If they are different OBD's then it won't hook up. 92-95 OBD1 - 96+ OBD2.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
      Need to know what version of OBD the two items are using.

If the P12 you have is the same OBD as the car wire harness, it should start the engine. won't run the greatest but it should fire up.

If they are different OBD's then it won't hook up. 92-95 OBD1 - 96+ OBD2.
      Thank you for the info.

Hopefully it's obd1 and hooks up. Don't feel comfortable buying it without hearing it run.

Comment

Yes, as previously stated, it'll work as long as its the same OBD, however, remember to consider a few things: tune- the tune of the P12 runs smaller injectors and is not chippable to my knowledge. Also, it doesn't have a knock board and since the H22A has a knock sensor, you're going to run into issues (DIY det can anyone?) since the engine will pull the timing crazy retarded. I'd just get a P28 if youre going cheap, but if you can find a P72 even better. If you dont plan on doing much, just source the appropriate ECU (P13/P2P).

Comment

turns out it was an f20b painted red and the ecu I had wouldn't plug in.

Comment

It will run the engine, but I wouldn't drive it much, and definitely not over 3,000 rpm.

Also, accounts do not get deactivated. Either your account is currently active, or you were banned. I'll look into it later.

Comment

don't know if you guys are missing my replies but yeah the engine wasn't a red top h22a. it turned out to be obd2 f20b with the valve cover painted red. I think I'm going to pass on it even though it's pretty cheap. kinda sketchy, one of the wires leading to where the ecu was had a jumper, oil was black and overfilled, and it wasn't really mint like the person claimed in the ad. I think the front end seem some damage too because the wheel to bumper gap on the front was different between the front two tires (had this problem myself when I hit a curb before, bent control arm I think but alignment guy worked some magic).

Comment

Working...
              X