Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

TroubleShooting - Crank No Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TroubleShooting - Crank No Start

I am a owner of a 93 EX Sedan, Ive troubleshooting non-starting issues before usually leading to simple fix, but in this case I'm Confused. Today i started my car drove about 5 Miles to pick up my son, after parking my car (which is a 5 speed btw) and spending about 1 hour to talk with his grandparents and get him ready, I went to my car to get going, I cranked my car like usual ( 3 seconds on the ON to prime the fuel pump and line) it started and died. I quickly checked some stuff but have no clue what would cause the issue- While troubleshooting I cracked open my fuel rail check valve to see if there is any fuel or pressure, it sprayed some fuel, i then proceeded to check for spark, all my plugs did jump to the body showing i am atlease getting spark to my plugs, all my plugs that i checked last week are looking good, I then checked my air filter and it looks decently clean, and ontop with one of the plugs out i was able to feel the piston compress and shoot it through the sparkplug hole, I know my timing belt has not snapped since i took the distrubitor top off and saw it spin in sync. At the end the only ideas i can come up with is the timing belt might have jumped and or somehow went out of timing, or my injectors are not injecting. Im not asking for a DIY guide on how to fix, i more looking for any ideas on other options or stuff i should take a look into before i tare anything off or out of my engine, greatly apprieciated

I would bet it's the main relay or fuel pump. Check to see if your getting adequate fuel pressure. 32 to 40 psi if I recall correctly. I have been seeing alot more fuel pumps fail intermittently. Mine being one of them. It would start fine and when I went to press the gas it would die come to find out when I went to press the gas PSI went from 32 psi to like 6 and then sometimes my car wouldn't start at all. This all revolved around the fuel pump.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
      I would bet it's the main relay or fuel pump. Check to see if your getting adequate fuel pressure. 32 to 40 psi if I recall correctly. I have been seeing alot more fuel pumps fail intermittently. Mine being one of them. It would start fine and when I went to press the gas it would die come to find out when I went to press the gas PSI went from 32 psi to like 6 and then sometimes my car wouldn't start at all. This all revolved around the fuel pump.
      Understandable - I just started the car - started like normal and then stuttered out, I know atlease its priming, ill check the psi since it is the OEM fuelpump XD. Ive seen so much on the main relay, but never got around to see how you test it... Thanks for the info, here in Colorado Springs, CO we have been getting storms every single day so when i get a chance ill check the main relay first and then jump to the psi on the pump. Other then those options any ideas on other parts i should take a quick look at? And thanks for the Info

Comment

*** Update *** After getting a family member to tow me home, on the way i popped my clutch in to see if it might push start for some stupid reason, well it did, it tried to stutter out but i reved it a couple times to keep it going. When i got home i parked my car in the driveway for once which has an uphill slant, it started fine there on, but when i went to a convience store and parked on a downhill slope i had to get a couple of random guys (minus my neighbor) to push start me again. First time it stuttered out but the second when i reved it it stayed running atlease to get home. At this point any other ideas on what it could be (I am guessing the fuel pump at this point), but if anyone has another idea of what it could be it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Might be a dumb question, but how much fuel is in the tank?
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Can also be a bad ground.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
              Can also be a bad ground.
              Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              Might be a dumb question, but how much fuel is in the tank?

To Fleetw00d - There is aproximately about 5-7 Gallons, and to wildbill83 ill definitly take a look.

***Update*** - After the car randomly starting and running i decided to drive it a tad, while driving when going up a little hill it felt like my fuel stopped due to my rpms going down , down shifted , clutched and cranked - after taking a look at the fuel rail and seeing little pressure going there i believe it is the pump, i am going to replace the pump either way since its such an old one. Ill leave and update for everyone and thanks for all the help guys!!!

Comment

Starting issues

I just want to share the problems I had with my 90' accord and finally fixed it after months of guessing what the problem is.*Anyways, my accord sometimes wouldn't start. But if I spray it with starter fluid... It's good for the whole day.*I fixed the main relay, changed the fuel filter, battery, spark plugs, cleaned the injectors, still not starting. Finally I changed the distributor and BOOM!, Finally problem solved!!! Hope this might help. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X