No announcement yet.

F22B1 Will Not Start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the new ecu in today. However she still will not start. The intake looks to have about 5 sensors on it. 3 that ik what they are, the TPS, EGR, and the MAP...the other two I have no idea what they are. The last two are on the back side of the intake Mani. I do not have nearly enough connectors on the 91 accord ex engine harness to connect them all.

I have never been so confused, as far as ik this car should start, started it before I removed the old harness
    F22B1 Swap. #StanceNation

91' Accord Project

Paint is custom faded. (Love the Frankenstein look!)

Comment

The engine harness is a 91 Accord Ex coupe...to a 94 accord sedan engine.
      Or you can say a f22a4 harness to a f22b1, I have lost most of my knowledge on this swap considering I did it a while back. Also the forum I used to use no longer has working pictures... I need visuals! Lol

91' Accord Project

Comment

The F22B1 has the same sensors as the F22A4. The sensors are in different locations and VTEC is added.

The intake manifold has the TPS, MAP, IAT, IAC and EGR.

The MAP sensor in a CB chassis is in the black box, so that should be the only sensor not plugged in. It is on top of the throttle body. To the left of it is the TPS. On the back you have the IAT and the IAC. The EGR is in the sam spot.

The A4 mani:
        - IAT is on side opposite the throttle body.
        - IAC is on front of mani. The connector is part of injector harness.
        - TPS is on side of throttle body
        - EGR is in same place as F22B1
        - MAP is in black box
        Last edited by djcaz_aom; 03-03-2015, 07:41 PM.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
          The F22B1 has the same sensors as the F22A4. The sensors are in different locations and VTEC is added.

The MAP sensor in a CB chassis is in the black box, so that should be the only sensor not plugged in. It is on top of the throttle body. To the left of it is the TPS. On the back you have the IAT and the IAC. The EGR is in the sam spot.

The A4 mani:
          - MAP is in black box
          Well presented man...think I am going to take it all apart tomorrow and redo it...I would have to extend the IAC plug on the harness right? To get to the back of the intake.

What is the IAT? I'm sorry I am fairly new to the this forum so I am not yet familiar with the jargon yet...what is the black box?

91' Accord Project

Comment

The A4 mani:
            - MAP is in black box
            Well presented man...think I am going to take it all apart tomorrow and redo it...I would have to extend the IAC plug on the harness right? To get to the back of the intake.

What is the IAT? I'm sorry I am fairly new to the this forum so I am not yet familiar with the jargon yet...what is the black box?

91' Accord Project

Comment

Aaaahhhh, the infamous double post. Haven't seen that in a while.

Anyway, you will have to extend the IAC wiring.

The IAT is the intake temperature sensor.

Comment

Aaaahhhh, the infamous double post. Haven't seen that in a while.

Anyway, you will have to extend the IAC wiring.

The IAT is the intake temperature sensor.
                Extended the wiring today and hooked everything up...she still will not start... How do I properly check my fuel deliver and spark...also would you know if this motor has a crank sensor and where would it be? I may have forgotten that, at least thts what I forgot last time.

91' Accord Project

Comment

What distributor are you using? What year is the motor?

If you are using a 91 distributor, everything is in the distributor.

Comment

What distributor are you using? What year is the motor?

If you are using a 91 distributor, everything is in the distributor.
                    Using the 94 distributor I believe. Also I got bored today and decided to come up with my own method to check my fuel pressure. Put the key in the on position...heard nothing...so I went on to loosen the bolt on the rail... Nothing...there is no fuel pressure...now I am not sure how all these problems have come about because I started the car before I removed the harness.

Would you know if the fuel pump has a fuse tht may have blown? I know I have spark, because the ecu is tested and verified, also have new spark plugs, ignition wires rarely go out, I have not touched the distributor since the last start, hard to believe all this stuff could be broken after a harness change.
                    Last edited by DGOfTheCentury; 03-04-2015, 03:08 PM.

91' Accord Project

Comment

Ok so I think I might of found my problem. When I turn the ignition on there is an oil light on the dash, that had not been there before. Which must mean there is an oil pressure sensor on the car. As a safety measure the oil pressure sensor can also prevent the fuel pump from coming on.

Would anybody know where this sensor might be? Or should I just override it and put my own fuel pump switch in? Highly doubt the fuel pump does not work, there is fuel in the tank so it could not have run dry. I also saw something about a main relay that could go bad. Checked it with the ignition, the relay is not clicking. Really leaning towards my own switch here.

Really need this car to start so I can send it off to Maaco for paint and minor body work.
                      Last edited by DGOfTheCentury; 03-04-2015, 09:39 PM.

91' Accord Project

Comment

The oil light always comes on when you turn the ignition on, along with the other warning lights. This is so that you know the bulb is working.

And just because the ECU is verified and you have good spark plugs and wires, this does not mean that you have spark. Ignitor failure is common in Accords. You should actually check for spark when the engine is cranking.

Comment

Is the ecu grounded at the thermostat?

Comment

Update: I checked the internal fuse box and the egm/ecu fuse was blown. So I replaced it with another 15amp fuse and that one blew as well. So I went to get a 40amp fuse to see if there was maybe a short and she started up right away. Soon as that happened I sat back in my seat like "WTF" After a few minutes I turned her off and checked the fuse and it was a little hot. Idk if I should be alarmed by tht or not.

I also went on to replace the main relay as well since autozone had a modern day one. So I should not have any further problems down the road with ignition.

Now I have to look into my charging system because the battery died shortly after.

91' Accord Project

Comment

If you're blowing the proper rated fuse, it is a problem. If you continue to use the 40 amp fuse, something else in the line is likely to blow/burn (maybe literally).
                              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Exactly which fuse keeps blowing? Need the number and I can give you some insite on what might be causing it.

As stated above, it is never wise to put a higher amperage fuse in place just to make it work. You can and will be burning up aome wiring. Ask me how I know.

So, now we now where to look for the problem. Don't rush electrical, it can turn out to be very expensive. Also, ask me how I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X