No announcement yet.

egr block off plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i made myself a set of plates for my h23 intake manifold and i am really happy with them. i just need to get a tune so i can use the IACV block-off plate without my car sounding like crap or zip-tying the part out of the way. here is the finished product:

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      of course when the plates are done, the buyer doesnt want to buy them.
      ill buy them
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        of course when the plates are done, the buyer doesnt want to buy them.
        I'll buy an air boost valve block-off plate also! Please PM me a price!
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

already paid for them both but if i cannot use the block off valve ill pm you since i have an h22 throttle body and plenum now
          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
            already paid for them both but if i cannot use the block off valve ill pm you since i have an h22 throttle body and plenum now
            If you got the jdm plenum, it comes with the OEM block-off for the boost valve. But if usdm, the boost-valves are all the same between the F/H series so it'll work.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
              If you got the jdm plenum, it comes with the OEM block-off for the boost valve. But if usdm, the boost-valves are all the same between the F/H series so it'll work.
              the EGR is the same too.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

going to polish the egr plate wes had made for me ... hmm if you sell these wes, and members want them to be polished.. send 'em my way i'll polish and u can charge more!!! lol

anyways, i'm most likely going to CAD the plate u made me, so you can have a file to reference, maybe oneday i'll get a Haas mill to myself and a butt-load of aluminum
                -:¦:-
                Originally posted by wed3k
                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
                  going to polish the egr plate wes had made for me ... hmm if you sell these wes, and members want them to be polished.. send 'em my way i'll polish and u can charge more!!! lol

anyways, i'm most likely going to CAD the plate u made me, so you can have a file to reference, maybe oneday i'll get a Haas mill to myself and a butt-load of aluminum
                  the mill cutting tool pattern is badass too.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hey wes do u have a diagram of the plate? i want to fab one up here at school. 200 miles from my car

Comment

i made one out of a piece of sheet metal, bolted it down and started up the car. It didnt work out too well, I had a big vacum leak. I just connected back the egr till i come up with a better plan.

Heres a quick question, there is a hose that connect to the top of the egr that run across the motor to-top of the fuel rail. What do you guys do with that hose? Also that circuilar think that the hose connects to (on the driverside), what the prupose of it?

Comment

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD View Post
                        i made one out of a piece of sheet metal, bolted it down and started up the car. It didnt work out too well, I had a big vacum leak. I just connected back the egr till i come up with a better plan.

Heres a quick question, there is a hose that connect to the top of the egr that run across the motor to-top of the fuel rail. What do you guys do with that hose? Also that circuilar think that the hose connects to (on the driverside), what the prupose of it?
                        are you talking about the round thing bolted to the fuel rail? that is the fuel pressure regulator.

as for the sheet metal block-off, it would only work if you bolted the EGR back on top of it, otherwise you'd need something thicker, like aluminum plate. also, dont forget to seal it with some instant-gasket sealer.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
                          hey wes do u have a diagram of the plate? i want to fab one up here at school. 200 miles from my car
                          i just copy them from an egr gasket.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                            are you talking about the round thing bolted to the fuel rail? that is the fuel pressure regulator.

No, theres a rubber hose that connects to the top of the egr, that hose turns into a hard line that runs on-top of the fuel rail, then on the driverside it connects to a little cylinderical (sp?) looking thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X