Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

M2A4 to M2B4 parts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M2A4 to M2B4 parts??

Hey guys i have 2 transmissions M2A4 and a M2b4 LSD well my question is if i can swap the M2A4 Gears box in to my M2B4 case with differential im trying to get my M2B4 to work burn 2nd gear, my m2b4 tranmission was build with some h23 2nd gear and i replace 5 gear syncro and after it was done and i installed it didnt not work, 1st,2nd and 4th gear work fine ,3d and 5th gear will grind out and when im trying to test drive, i go in reverse and the stick will get stock and on first it will like feel really heavy any ideas guys dont really want to give up on this one thank you
    Last edited by jokerincb7; 06-16-2012, 04:49 AM.

Hello . Well your post is pretty difficult to understand. If you could edit it and rewrite it, making your post more understandable, this will invite more knowledgeable to be happy to answer your questions. Use commas and periods to separate your questions/thoughts one by one, or even press ENTER to begin a paragraph to separate it even more. Other members may find it hard to see what questions you are asking. Just trying to help you out if no one has told you yet .

I would like to add a thought about your REVERSE problem on your transmission. Our transmissions are built to prevent damage from improper gear changes. You can not be engaged in any FORWARD gears (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th) and try to shift directly to REVERSE. If you were engaged in a FORWARD gear and want to shift to REVERSE, you have to place the shifter into NEUTRAL and then release the clutch, and then open the clutch and attempt to shift into NEUTRAL. Otherwise your transmission won't allow to you shift into REVERSE properly, and it will feel like something is blocking it from going in (that's what she said ). You probably knew that but wanted to clear that up just incase you didn't. If you still have problems trying to engage your transmission into the REVERSE gear, then your GEAR SYNCHRONIZERS are probably worn.
    RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Working...
    X