Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22 to h22 IM adapter with Skunk2 IM installed see pics, dyno to come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does AEM EMS have that chipped P06 doesnt.......

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
      I may have my Bisi Header welded together (the exhaust fumes are killing me).
      I am definitely going to have mine welded together too. Are you going to have to buy a new EMS @ full price? Hopefully they take care of you.

Comment

Lol@ glory

From my experience with h22's the skunk 2 manifold robs the motor from the little torque it has

So I personally think with that manifold and that thick spacer will kill the best part of that motor, torque...

Btw I've had 2 fire burnt ems fixed from aem
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
          Lol@ glory

From my experience with h22's the skunk 2 manifold robs the motor from the little torque it has

So I personally think with that manifold and that thick spacer will kill the best part of that motor, torque...

Btw I've had 2 fire burnt ems fixed from aem
          Hey now, Ectune is nice stuff. but lots of people hate on it because to DIY you almost always have to use an ostrich 24/7. I hates on some crome though, not that it doesnt work but its not as good as some people think it is.

Bro just switch up to SDS-EFI. Fug AEM, the only thing I like that they make is the dry flow air filters, worlds better than K&N. Get a coilpack off a malibu from a junk yard, and pow. coils instead of a dizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
            Hey now, Ectune is nice stuff. but lots of people hate on it because to DIY you almost always have to use an ostrich 24/7. I hates on some crome though, not that it doesnt work but its not as good as some people think it is.

Bro just switch up to SDS-EFI. Fug AEM, the only thing I like that they make is the dry flow air filters, worlds better than K&N. Get a coilpack off a malibu from a junk yard, and pow. coils instead of a dizzy.

is there a diy on those coil backs and what ems do you have to run

Comment

thats why i've got hondata, $600 and none of the aem headache and i can still use c.o.p. he really should do a comparison of the h23 IM and the Skunk2. also for the comment from julio the f22 has a 1.3" longer intake port and with the spacer and gaskets another 1" atleast. the new skunk2 manifold has 12" runners so that puts the total runner length at about 16.6" with 52mm which puts peak tq at the same exact place as the h23 intake manifold but it being a straight shot, not a 90deg turn you can get more air in at all rpms. the new design is canted instead of being level with the opening so air doesn't hit the roof of the port before entering. im fairly certain it should build more power all around but how much is the question. im wondering if it is worth the $$$ for the swap. peak numbers are not what concerns me is the overall picture.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

hope you get everything fixed soon. i cant wait for some results.

Comment

Hey man, did you ever get your ecu problem squared away?

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                    Hey man, did you ever get your ecu problem squared away?
                    I would like to know as well. I installed my h23 IM today and didn't swap runners with the a6 because I don't have my extended bolts to double stack (on the way) and I lost my low/mid but have more top end. Ugh. Updates here NEEDED!
                    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

I have a before and after on my mrt.

Comment

I got new ECU a while back. But I've been really busy with work and the FD when possible. But the FD is being put on hold again.

The manifold is currently off the car because the car overheated and melted the gasket earlier this year. But the main reason its not done, is I had to remove things to pass smog this year. But that's over with now. So I'm getting back on the CB. I wanted to hold off adding anything else for the after dyno. But that's not going to happen now. I have parts piling up on my shelves in the garage waiting to be installed.

Transmission will be the first major upgrade. Then the built head and manifold go next.

Comment

Originally posted by Dy2*STR33T-KING View Post
                          I would like to know as well. I installed my h23 IM today and didn't swap runners with the a6 because I don't have my extended bolts to double stack (on the way) and I lost my low/mid but have more top end. Ugh. Updates here NEEDED!
                          Yeah, check out jdm92_accorn MRT. He's done the skunk2 IM swap and theres alot of good info there. Including dyno runs. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

You could also try sepulveda87 he doesn't have a MRT but he has done the skunk2 IM swap.

Last edited by Tishock; 02-06-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X