Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Read this before asking about doing a Frankenstein build!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f22ax_Rocks View Post
    this question is specifically for the f23a block and f22a head with that lip issue. how much of that will affect detonation regarding turbos on this specific hybrid setup?
    Probably not much at all. However, as you can use a hand file to take the edge off ever so slightly, it makes sense to do so while the head is off just for safe measure.

Originally posted by f22ax_Rocks View Post
    and aside from the f23a1 having slightly bigger bore, longer stroke, higher comp, and 55mm bearings, are its pistons and rods a bit beefier than the f22a1/4/6 bottom end. never had someone really give a direct answer with solid data. i reasearched for months but nothing. not much info unless im just typing in wrong search words.
    No, the F23A rods are smaller in almost every dimension. They weigh around 117 grams less than an F22A rod does as well. The bearing width is narrower and the rod bearing journal is a smaller diameter. The F22A rod weighs 586g and the F23A rod weighs 469g. The F23A pistons are also lighter than the F22A with the F22A being 423.6g and the F23A at 406.9g. This is due to a much better casting process on an eight year newer design as logic would claim the F23A piston to be heavier because of the larger bore.

For a boost build, I'd say the pistons are a moot point and should be swapped out anyway. Even the K20 pistons with an 86mm bore are better designed and capable of more boost than the OEM F/H-series pistons are.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

alright thanks ill have to keep all this in mind then. too bad those usdm f23a bottoms are more convenient with lower mileage.

not sure if this was mentioned but somewhere in my research I read that these f23a1 rods are lighter and forged. Im sure its forged most likely for weight saving purposed but hey its worth a shot to ask. Got to verify this because too much false info floats around. Also read the f23 block has a bit more casting for more support of the sleeves in the lower area near crank. Not trying to turn this into f22 vs f23 but just trying to find out real info without buying f23 block and doing side by side comparison with f22a block.
      Last edited by f22ax_Rocks; 08-22-2015, 06:23 AM.

Comment

The F23A bottom end is better from a structural standpoint with the exception of the rods. The rod journals have a smaller diameter and are narrower as well. This isn't a concern unless you're trying to rev it to the moon. The main difference you'll notice is the strength of the main girdle. It's a much more beefy design that connects to more points on the bottom of the block for rigidity.
        Last edited by Jarrett; 08-22-2015, 01:17 PM.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Re:

Hello! Below is an absolutely free excerpt of "Frankenstein Critical Essay"http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/frank...critical-essay. Therefore, put aside your worries, and get a professional consultation with the best experts!

Comment

Thank you, Matthew. You clearly understood the purpose of this thread, and you offered a wonderful contribution. I appreciate it so much that I'm going to help you out by putting that link in my signature. I do genuinely hope Google enjoys your clever link placement as much as I do!

Comment

Pictures have been fixed for this thread!

Comment

High performance cylinder head and billet intake manifold manufacturer for LS, HEMI, Small and Big Block Chevy platforms. CNC cylinder head porting services.www.albanynyelectrician.com
                Last edited by Georgejacob; 07-11-2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

deevergote Looky here another spammer snuck in. Currently on my phone so I can flag as spam. Hopefully deev sees this and gets rid of it.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

going for a Frankenstein build soon :P got to get the Head ready for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X