Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay turbo kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay turbo kit!

ok guys i was in school today and me and my friends were talking about turbo kits on our cars...one of my friends told me that he had a complete ebay set up on his ef hatch wid a single V in there...he tol me he boosted 22 lbs with it and it was really good...the price 4 it is really ok...its about 1000 with everything...i wanted to know if anyone has or knows anyone 1st hand that has an ebay turbo set up and how it runs...he's really got me thinking about this

personally i dont really trust "ebay" items.. but if you check out some tuning sites im sure you can find a site that has a turbo kit for right around that same price as the off brand ebay turbo.. but thats just me... your car your choice
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

I wouldn't do it.
      But, it's your car and your money.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

cheap shit parts made in china. they will break, if they dont break your motor first.

do some research on what makes a good turbo setup. cheap kits are cheap for a reason. the parts are shit quality. think about it. someone is making a profit on those kits and the price is already low.

read maximum boost by corky bell and honda/acura engine performance by mike kojima. learn what it takes to build a proper turbo kit and do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
          I wouldn't do it.
          But, it's your car and your money.
          x2. a full turbo set up for only 1000 sounds a lil fishy anyway, plus being from ebay makes it sound even more.

Comment

You can get all the DSM parts for about that price and make it last.
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

you also need to tune to make it work correctly and not damage your engine

Comment

22lbs on a hatch with an ebay kit

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou View Post
                  22lbs on a hatch with an ebay kit
                  You know the kit lasted a day, cheap parts will only lead to more expensive replacements, and then you gotta do things twice, do it right or don't do it at all.

The kid would probably sound like this "Yo poTnA m3 tUrBoz BlEW cUz m3 tIr3z wUdnt hAnDel alL da 22z PaUnds of da BuUsted PoWa yaayyy yaaayyy"
                  1993 Accord EX
                  2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Well there is a lot of "don't do it" about the ebay turbo on here . I am actually surprised that no one has said when you do it and you know you’re going to..... post pics and specs also how long it lasts on what level of boost.FTW

Comment

Originally posted by veyvey View Post
                      Well there is a lot of "don't do it" about the ebay turbo on here . I am actually surprised that no one has said when you do it and you know you’re going to..... post pics and specs also how long it lasts on what level of boost.FTW
                      Fixed with Key ingredients, that's why people say don't do it, its a gamble, no one really knows if its going to be a reliable turbo setup or if it will do damage to the engine.
                      1993 Accord EX
                      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

it will most likely destroy itself before it destroys the engine. the engine will be destroyed because the person that buys the kit will be more concerned with saving money than doing things the right way. slap on the kit. up the boost. dont tune. boom

Comment

so about the dsm could u take the injectors 2 i heard u need to get better injectors wen doin a turbo i jus wanted 2 know if they fit 2

Comment

yes. do a search for the dsm turbo setup. it is well documented ont his site

Comment

a "log" manifold hoses clamps couplers intercooler piping and MAYBE the intercoolers COULD be worth it. Quality parts like a decent rebuilt turbo wastegate BOV shouldnt be ebay

Comment

Working...
                              X