No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

So many blue wires!! You'd make a great movie villain.
      1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

I was just wondering how your fuse box ordeal was going, and here we get an update. Looking good just time consuming.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Your car is so awesome, but that wiring looks like a nightmare. Are you marking each wire for what it is for? How would you be able to trace a short when all the wires are blue?

I don't mean to sound like an ass and I am really sorry if I do. But, after I rewired a very simple Pontiac LeMans drag car. I would go crazy if all the wires were the same color.

Comment

Thanks for stopping in everyone! I appreciate it!

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
            I was just wondering how your fuse box ordeal was going, and here we get an update. Looking good just time consuming.
            Thanks man!

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
            Your car is so awesome, but that wiring looks like a nightmare. Are you marking each wire for what it is for? How would you be able to trace a short when all the wires are blue?

I don't mean to sound like an ass and I am really sorry if I do. But, after I rewired a very simple Pontiac LeMans drag car. I would go crazy if all the wires were the same color.
            Thanks man! I would of loved to use a different color wire for each but locally you simply cannot buy 100 different colored wires. So each of these wires goes to a fuse box connector on the other end as this is a fuse box extender wire kit. So I simply take each wire one by one, figure out what wire is connects to on the fuse box plug and then trace that one wire to the identical plug on the other end.

[engine harness]--->[connectors]+[fuse box ext.]---wires-----[connectors]-to-[real fuse box]

Comment

That's awesome! Totally makes sense and seems like it would be easy to work on.

Good work!

Comment

Well............ no new updates really. The transmission which has started to go has really got me bummed out. With the 5th gear synchro gone reverse had a hard time engaging last drive and there's a good chance that shift fork is bent too. But if I am going to rip the transmission out then I may as well put a new clutch in it. But the clutch I need is around $800 + other parts. That is the bummer part.

From what I read the 5th gear syncro + reverse lock out = trans is about to break. So no point in trying to drive it so it can break and then I have to tow it. So I threw the car cover on her and I'm going to give her a break. Called around and few transmission places want to rebuild the transmission and if they will the cost is $1000+. So I'm going to do the transmission myself.

I'm still working on the fuse box extender wiring (just have some soldering left to do now) and I have to install the dynomat in the trunk. I also bought some black door handles too.

Comment

washed the car today, took it for a drive. it behaved rather well

i can still tell there is something up with the transmission, feels like a bent fork.
                  Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

This is where we are with this. Need to buy some plastic wire conduit and tape up the ends (make it look pretty). I'm thinking it will go under the passenger side seat and would be great to buy some form of slide out tray that it attaches to.

Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Also had some dynomat for the trunk and did this. I know you technically only need 75% coverage but I did the whole thing. Still debating if I should do the trunk lid...

Tore off the spare tire connection thing which holds the tire in place. But ripped a hole in the floor which had to be fixed.

Missing a pic here of everything done, but just the corners i filled in.

Last edited by Raf99; 12-03-2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

You ever gunna take the car to Greenfield or PEI to run it down the track?

Comment

Originally posted by JDMef9 View Post
                          You ever gunna take the car to Greenfield or PEI to run it down the track?
                          Some day, yep.

Comment

So this is almost complete. Not sure how I may "house" this yet connection point yet, maybe a plastic container around the glued unit. It will go under the passenger side feet, possible in the CPU compartment. It's about 10 feet long so the real fuse box connected at the end will sit in the trunk area possibly. Want the real fuse box to be able to pivot out for access but not be a safety concern too.

Last edited by Raf99; 12-03-2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Almost done! This harness has been quite a long project. Good to see you're still working on it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                                Almost done! This harness has been quite a long project. Good to see you're still working on it.
                                Almost. Although it seems I have bigger issues. Took the car for another drive on the weekend and that input shafts bearing in the transmission is getting loud! So I'll have to start on the tranny soon.

But here's some pics from my venture ....
                                Last edited by Raf99; 12-03-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X