No announcement yet.

islandhopper : 1990 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like AEM's dryflo and K&N. I'm running the AEM on my cb and K&N on the celi both are quality filters.

And again liking those wheels.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Yeah, i should have done this a long time ago...i've been using a specter cone for too long. Now i need to make a splash shield and/or a charge box for it once i get the CAI installed.

And thanks...i like them too.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Same filter I got a couple months ago
        1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
        2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

This thing is looking nice my man. Those Epsilons and the CF hood are such an awesome addition. They fit your theme perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by DjM_coupe View Post
            Same filter I got a couple months ago
            Yeah buddy. It's a damn good filter..and after i saw yours with the CF end-cap, i had to have one.

Originally posted by RUGER 2.2L View Post
            This thing is looking nice my man. Those Epsilons and the CF hood are such an awesome addition. They fit your theme perfectly
            aw shucks... Thanks bud!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

i fucking HATE electrical gremlins. This is my first one ever and it's killing my battery in a matter of minutes.... So now i get to diagnose this on my lunch break tomorrow. Sweet.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Alternator.....at least that was my problem even though it was new. Replaced it and it was good to go.
                1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Ass monkies! That sucks! Best of luck! Also I wish my KN filter had a CF cap

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I wanna get one if those power basterds alternators just for the hell of it. But they like $300 bucks. You can choose the powder coat though

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by DjM_coupe View Post
                      Alternator.....at least that was my problem even though it was new. Replaced it and it was good to go.
                      2 weeks ago the internal regulator in my alternator went out and i replaced it. I have a lifetime warranty and i've replaced it twice now. I think i may be something else. Im checking for bad grounds/shorts etc.. wherever i can...no luck yet.

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                      Ass monkies! That sucks! Best of luck! Also I wish my KN filter had a CF cap
                      It does suck. Thanks for the sentiments though.

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                      I wanna get one if those power basterds alternators just for the hell of it. But they like $300 bucks. You can choose the powder coat though
                      Power Basterds? What are the specs?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

its actually spelled normal, i thought they spelled it basterds to be different or something. i think its mostly for like audio guys, but i figured i got the retrofit, my sub, plus the normal load on my alternator, why not?

idle 110+ amps
                        full 220+ amps at 1200 RPM
                        http://www.powerbastards.com/proddet...od=Fitzall-220

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

its actually spelled normal, i thought they spelled it basterds to be different or something. i think its mostly for like audio guys, but i figured i got the retrofit, my sub, plus the normal load on my alternator, why not?

idle 110+ amps
                          full 220+ amps at 1200 RPM
                          http://www.powerbastards.com/proddet...od=Fitzall-220
                          Technically, the HID ballasts will draw less power on average than halogen bulbs. Most ballasts are 35w and standard halogen bulbs run at 55w. The HIDs draw a lot of current while warming up but meter out once at operating temperatures.

As for the sound system, that's another story. IDK what your specs are regarding that, but my system is very tame and i rarely run it at full tilt.

The only thing i can think of that might throw my alternator off is the larger AEM TRU-Power pulley...

And those hopped up alternatosr are pretty cool... but $400 for one that's powder coated is far more than i'd like to spend. I'd rather just keep my lifetime warranty and replace one annually...which seems to be the rate they take a shit.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

yah i guess i didnt think of that. my system isnt crazy either. still want one though. mines hasnt gone out yet, but i hope you figure it out soon

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I have one in my car they don't just bolt up fyi....DC power makes some for our cars that bolt up you just have to order the 94+ accord alt there the same mounting brackest ect.

Function bring your car to the meet on the 4th ill look it over electrical is my thing....
                              My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

I figured it out. Bad ground and my fog-light harness had a frayed wire that was contacting the body.

I replaced the ground wire and re-wired and relocated the bad section of the harness and everything is working great now. No more low voltage or dead battery.

And thanks for the offer, Steve. I appreciate it, but i won't be able to make it out there tomorrow. If i did, i wouldn't have any money for food and gas during the work week. Times are tough...but i look forward to seein' the pics from everybody who makes it out there. Sorry im so lame, but it'll get better. I just got promoted at the dealership to Parts Assistant Manager. So i should be bringin' home more cheddar real soon. Which means i can make it to more CB7 meets!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X