Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdmnemycb7 View Post
    i tried approaching a lady with a cb7 with oem fogs idk if you guys know but there hard to come across and i actually offered her $200 and a new bumper with same color as hers and she said no i was so sad
    I have to say it must be an odd experience for the person you are approaching. Like "Hey what is this freak wanting to but my car for?? Or pieces of my car??" They gotta be thinking it's some kind of new scam they've never heard of before

Comment

I have posted this "experience" on the Accordwagonclub site when asked about getting wagon membership.
      I live in LA and I by no meas am big, or bald, or have tats, or gang looking white. I am a older 57 year old white Jewish guy about 5'7' and have hair.
      Very intimidating.
      When I had the silver wagon and it had the CB7 decal and the decal in rear for AWC, I would come up to a wagon or sedan or coupe 4thG and ask them if they had a computer to check out the sites.....OH MAN! it was like saying "Your body is so sexy I want to have sex at the light!" I got rolled up windows, the finger (that's a wave in LA) and the usual "I speak-a no Engquish!" One guy ran a red light to avoid me! Koren guy with the same 100% like my wagon and he says....why you ask me? One black wagon raced up to me on the 405 southbound as I was going to LAX and asked about my wagon WHILE ON FREEWAY! In stop traffic I told him to check out the web sites showing in rear...never heard from him.
      What is wrong with some people?

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
      New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
      My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Yeah I've done it a few times without good results.

A guy came up to me yesterday when I was getting gas at Kroger and asked me if I'd sell him mine...was that you JonnyD? jk

Comment

I found my wagon on Craigslist.
          I called her and asked her what was the lowest she would take.
          Once we settled, I told her to hold on to it for two weeks. I text her daily to make sure she understood I was coming for it, and she kept her word and held it for two weeks.

Comment

I got mine from a junkyard that was about to crush it

Comment

Originally posted by 5sp5drCB View Post
              Yeah I've done it a few times without good results.

A guy came up to me yesterday when I was getting gas at Kroger and asked me if I'd sell him mine...was that you JonnyD? jk
              Lol ya! Just got back from ohio on a north american wide search for a cb9!

Comment

Originally posted by BigJakecb9 View Post
                I got mine from a junkyard that was about to crush it
                Ya the junkyards here will not sell you a whole car. Things are tracked pretty closely here so theres no real way to get one once its sent to the junkyard. You would have to buy it in pieces literally. Like hack the car into sections and buy it that way. But then you'd need a good vin. Not really woth the effort.
                Last edited by JonnyD; 02-05-2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah, all junkyards I know won't sell a full car. It's too much of a liability, and I believe they're only licensed to sell parts. And you don't want to buy a junkyard car for the value of all the individual parts!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Yeah, all junkyards I know won't sell a full car. It's too much of a liability, and I believe they're only licensed to sell parts. And you don't want to buy a junkyard car for the value of all the individual parts!
                    Absolutely! The crappy part is there are so many good stripped chassis lying around that would make for a great ground-up build. I work at a mechanical/bodyshop/alignment shop and some of the cars I see get repaired instead of written of baffles me. Most of them are far worse off than an old cb sitting in the junkyard with a blown motor or trans or whatever.

Comment

Oh yeah, I've seen some beautiful 2nd gen Accords sitting in junkyards. It's really sad.

Comment

I work at the junkyard i got mine from. Its called zores they got scrapyatd, junkyard, and towing. They told me the car got impounded cause an illegal mexican drove it to indy from cali and then just left it set till it was towed. His loss my win lol

Comment

Working for a yard has it's perks!

Comment

Except that im like the only person thats not a tweaker lol i take the faceplate off the radio at wprk cause of them lol

Comment

I have people ask to buy my wagon all the time. Some of them are nice, most are just wasting my time. I always ask what they are offering, I never say a price...for the low ballers, I tell them.." I see your lips moving, but your pockets ain't saying nothing!" They usually get the point

Comment

In the short period I had my wagon, I couldn't drive that thing anywhere without people stopping me and asking me questions about it.

If I ever get another CB, I'm going with a wagon. I love wagons to begin with, but the CB's are definetly one of, if not the coolest older wagons out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X