No announcement yet.

SUSP : Rack and Pinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys since here were talking about rack n pinions do any of you guys know why the bolts of my rack n pinion loosen up after a couple of thousand miles??? i mean i tighten them up tight and then later on it loosens up again?? could it be that there oil in the thread of the bolt thats why it loosens up

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
      hey guys since here were talking about rack n pinions do any of you guys know why the bolts of my rack n pinion loosen up after a couple of thousand miles??? i mean i tighten them up tight and then later on it loosens up again?? could it be that there oil in the thread of the bolt thats why it loosens up

Use Loctite Green or Blue maybe?
      DEVOTE

Comment

where do they sell that at?? autozone??

"2SIIC"

Comment

where do they sell that at?? autozone??
          use the red since i think its stronger, and make sure the top is not spinning while tighting it
          Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
            use the red since i think its stronger, and make sure the top is not spinning while tighting it
            Be careful when using the RED Loctite. If you ever need to remove the screw, you might need to heat it up. But it is more secure. Its your call.
            DEVOTE

Comment

hmmmm guess ill put some of that one after i remove the old rack n pinion and put when i put the new one on ill put that stuff

"2SIIC"

Comment

hmmmm guess ill put some of that one after i remove the old rack n pinion and put when i put the new one on ill put that stuff

DEVOTE

Comment

hey ramiro how important is it if i dont put back that rubber washer that goes over the rack n pinion in between the frame and the inside of the car ???? how would it affect my steering???

"2SIIC"

Comment

i think thats just to prevent it from vibrating and hitting the frame...so im thinking you should put it on

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Yeah, aren't there some bushings in between that should be replaced? Some parts have a little note "mount bushings not included".
                      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

never mind that question guys cause that car is DONE the bolts that holt the rack in pinion in place broke off so theres no point in fixing tat shit

"2SIIC"

Comment

One thing to add. Make sure that you don't turn the steering wheel excessively while the rack is out. The coil spring in the steering column will break and your horn and cruise control won't work, and your srs light will come on. My daughter got in the car and was playing with the steering wheel while the rack was out!

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

Originally posted by r1emperor
                            One thing to add. Make sure that you don't turn the steering wheel excessively while the rack is out. The coil spring in the steering column will break and your horn and cruise control won't work, and your srs light will come on. My daughter got in the car and was playing with the steering wheel while the rack was out!

oh shit are you serious cause thats what happened with my car and my srs light stays on and my horn dont work i wasnt playing with it or anything but when i was doing it the steering wheel would just turn and spin around when i was putting it back together HA fuck it i might be getting me a new one this weekend

"2SIIC"

Comment

Nice write-up, but one question would a 5th gen R/P work in a 4th gen? Is there any other R/P I could use?
                              CB7
                              Removed:A/C, P/S, C/C, ABS, Wires, Battery
                              Added: H22A, South Bend TZ Series Clutch, Fidanza (8lb) Flywheel, Megan 4-1 Headers
                              Waiting For:M2F4 Tranny, NX 50 Shot

Comment

not sure if the 5th gen will work but i was looking around for another R&P i could use and couldnt find anything...i wanted to decrease the turning radius so i could pop a U easier but i couldnt find anything

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                                first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                                Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                                no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                                So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Working...
                                X