No announcement yet.

SUSP: ROH Conversion with 282mm rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the equivalent of the 98 Acura CL 2.3?
    we done have acura here in new zealand

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
    — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

So far I don't think anything has been proven to work as a substitute. You could get the front knuckles from a '98-'02 Accord 4-cylinder and use the outer CV joints to solve the spline diameter issue. I wouldn't bother with that, though. I'd just look into a 5-lug swap with Odyssey parts if anything.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        So far I don't think anything has been proven to work as a substitute. You could get the front knuckles from a '98-'02 Accord 4-cylinder and use the outer CV joints to solve the spline diameter issue. I wouldn't bother with that, though. I'd just look into a 5-lug swap with Odyssey parts if anything.
        wait...is the Acura cl 2.3 the same as the Honda Accord CL chassis? because we have those here. the Euro R came in the Cl chassis...Accord Torneo and the Euro R Torneo

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
        — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

It would be up to you to compare part numbers of the hubs between it and the US 2.3CL because we have no way of knowing.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

what year prelude does the 23T brackets come out of? we dont go by those numbers here..is the 97 lude or BB6
            calipers and brackets what i need?

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

For Preludes, you got them starting in '92 on the VTEC model. After '97 all Preludes had them.

Comment

Out of curiosity, are the knuckles interchangeable from the 2.3CL to the Accord? Ever since I did my conversion my right wheel bearing goes bad in a matter of weeks. I'm thinking I may have damaged my knuckle when I pressed out the original bearing. To be able to just grab the entire assembly from a junkyard would kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

Yes, you can, though it's effectively the same knuckle. The only difference is that Honda did away with the mounting provisions for the dust cap over the upper ball joint.

Comment

Bringing this back because I decided to stay 4-lug and will be doing this at some point... why is the CB9 front caliper combined with the CB7 23T caliper bracket? Is that a typo; doesn't the wagon caliper require the wagon bracket?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

• frohawker
                      frohawker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      the 23T/25T bracket is in relation to a 23mm or 25mm thick rotor.

I just went and checked and I have the 25Ts on my old setup with prelude rotors. Did the wagon come with 23 and 25mm rotors? Or just the 25?
                    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Working...
                    X