Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help with 4th gen prelude seat installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with 4th gen prelude seat installation

seems the DIY has outdated itself and the pictures for it no longer load, i really need help with installing 4th gen prelude seats into my 92 accord ex coupe (5spd)..pics and instruction would most appreciated..sorry i had to make a new thread but i just couldn't find the adequate information i needed, thanks again

INT: 90-91 Sedan Prelude Seat install while retaining auto-belts
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145215

Also see
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20158

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=195177&page=2

Go on Ebay and look up both CB seat brackets and BB brackets. Save those images on your computer and compare them.

Seems Raf99 did this swap. Its mentioned in his MRT. Maybe he chime in if you still have questions
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...139375&page=80
    Last edited by Tishock; 01-15-2016, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Ya, i really should redo the DIY, just not a lot of folks doing it anymore. But I've done the 97 seats with accord rails and also the 92 seats with prelude rails. I even went and addressed the "tilted too far back" issue with the last set of seats. Ask away man.

The first set simply took some mods to get them on the accord rails. But as many will quickly realize they are leaning back too far. Fine if that's how you ride, but this is as far up as they will go.

The next set i wanted a better job. They looked like this:

Electrolysis the rails and paint them:

Address the "too far back" issue and when test fitted looked like this:

Last edited by Raf99; 10-11-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

So how did you fix the "too far back" problem. I can get the seats from a 92 lude and I'm trying to do the same thing. I really want the rsx seats but I haven't came across any yet but at least this swap will get me familiar with all the hardware

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Ya, i really should redo the DIY, just not a lot of folks doing it anymore. But I've done the 97 seats with accord rails and also the 92 seats with prelude rails. I even went and addressed the "tilted too far back" issue with the last set of seats. Ask away man.

The first set simply took some mods to get them on the accord rails. But as many will quickly realize they are leaning back too far. Fine if that's how you ride, but this is as far up as they will go.

The next set i wanted a better job. They looked like this:

Electrolysis the rails and paint them:

Address the "too far back" issue and when test fitted looked like this:

That looks great.

Mine weren't awful as far as tilt, but I would have loved them to sit a bit more upright. Would love to see how you did them. I did my self almost 10 years ago before anyone had really done the swap, so I did what I could back then. I feel like now if I were to do it, I'd think through it way differently.

Comment

On the side of the seat that has the metal arm going up into the backrest portion of the seat you are leaving the top bolt/hole as is and drilling the bottom hole towards the front (drivers seat) to tilt the backrest section of the seat forward more. But by doing this you will have created a slant or uneven angle across the horizontal spot where the butt cushion and backrest section meet. This is where this bracket comes into play for the other side.

I started with a fab piece, and then made a stronger thicker piece. Then simply make a pivot point with some bearings and longer bolts and you will have them made both sites at the same pivot point.

I summed it up in another part of my MRT as:
            - No matter what rails you use (accord or prelude) you have to shim them so they are wide enough to use the car body bolt holes
            - By doing this the back portion of the seat metal bars coming down have to be bent to attach to the same two rails on each side |_| . or its a tight fit
            - The seat will be slanted a bit from using the accord rails (I read the fix for this is to use the prelude rails)
            - The seat will be a low rider stance; lean far back _/ (The fix for this is to drill another hole on the side bracket of the recliner section. )
            - But the other side (pic below) is being bent out, needs to be back 1" or the back recliner portion will be crooked on a weird angle

It's important to get the holes setup properly so the space between the seat and the back seat is equal across.

make sense now?
            Last edited by Raf99; 10-11-2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Makes sense me myself I would have with with tezo r seats but there's nothing like that oem feel

Comment

hey guys, thank you so much for the help, but while i was away from the internet i decided to just get hands on and just go for it with and extra set of cb7 rails i had and i got the 4th gen prelude seats firmly, securely, and snug into my cb7, they tilted inward at first but with a custom spacer where the rail attaches to the seat and a longer bolt of the same thread pitch they fit remarkably!

Comment

but after looking at your DIY i may have to redo my installation, yours looks so much "neater", mine are firmly installed with out any leaning to any side more, took about 3 test fits to get them right

Comment

Working...
                  X