Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coilover question that boggles the mind!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coilover question that boggles the mind!

Hey guys ok this is the thing... my friend got coilovers from ebay for his 94 accord and he dropped the fuck outta it... i got them from him and i got a 92 accord... pretty much the same suspension, but anyway... we go ahead and install the fronts... well the coil itself was about a 4 inch drop from the springs...

after we layed the springs and coil next to eachother to get an idea how much of a drop i was going to have off the start, we installed the coilovers... well we forgot to use the rubber stopper so the shock won't just go up through the engine bay...so of course it was all the way up and i couldn't even close my hood...

but the thing that boggles the mind is my car was higher than stock height........ it was just on the coilover which should of been a 4 inch drop at LEAST... but it raised my car about 5 inches... now would using this rubber stop make it drop more??? i dunno we couldn't figure it out and just gave up so we installed the springs back on and its back to normal! let me know wtf is going on!!!!!

Mason
    HAN - ZiviCase10287
    Honda-tech - zivicase
    HMT - draztik
    d-series - draztik
    Team Integra - RacinMasonC

sorry but i dont get what ur saying.... u shoulda taken pics.. when i did my drop everything was perfect. Nothing came out unless u where doing something wrong or something

Comment

no we did everything perfect.. besides the rubber stopper that goes under the chassis part so the shock ROD doesn't just keep going up... so my suspension was bouncy as hell cuz it was only on springs..
      HAN - ZiviCase10287
      Honda-tech - zivicase
      HMT - draztik
      d-series - draztik

Comment

very weird. Are u sure u put the metal pivot peice in?

You must have dont something wrong. I dont get how it will get higher then the engine bay to make it not be able to close ur hood hmm..

Comment

yeah that metal piece that stops the shock from just coming out freely we forgot.. so it was riding on ONLY the spring.. but it somehow raised the car.... so i'm asking if the shock was holding the car's suspension would it lower it from what happened????
          HAN - ZiviCase10287
          Honda-tech - zivicase
          HMT - draztik
          d-series - draztik

Comment

don't you have to compress the shocks before you put them on?

Comment

My car was the same when I installed coilovers. Drop the rear, and it will all even out, and take your bump stops off.
              '92 Honda Accord LX sedan
              Nothing special, I'm just a broke ass white boy...

Comment

Put those metal washers back on! You really need those to keep the top of the strut assembly from poking holes through your hood. As far as the car being "raised", first make sure you have the perches as low as they can go. If that somehow still doesn't fix it, maybe you put them in backwards. So not joking with you. Sometimes the screw assemblies are different lengths and its just a simple mistake. Good luck bro!
                O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

That and what Natos2nr said. Either cut the bumpstops shorter or take them out completely.
                  O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

Working...
                  X