Infiniti M35h. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    90% highway. Though it’s usually either 80mph or crawling bumper-to-bumper. Neither is great for mpg, hybrid or not.
    That's surprising. That really isn't much better (if any) than what we averaged in both of our 7th gen V6's. I am sure it probably does a little better with city MPG though.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The hybrid assist is actually not that helpful. The most useful feature is the cylinder deactivation. I managed to get 36mpg driving down to Virginia last Christmas. I could’ve gotten it to 40 if I really drove like a granny!

At 80mph, it’s often running on all 6 cylinders. And in traffic, the only fuel saving feature that does anything is the auto-off, which can’t do very much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        The hybrid assist is actually not that helpful. The most useful feature is the cylinder deactivation. I managed to get 36mpg driving down to Virginia last Christmas. I could’ve gotten it to 40 if I really drove like a granny!

At 80mph, it’s often running on all 6 cylinders. And in traffic, the only fuel saving feature that does anything is the auto-off, which can’t do very much at all.
        I guess they weren't kidding when they said "mild hyrbid"

We used to do 33-34 Highway pretty easily at ~80MPH in the '04 and '06, and both averaged about 26-27 City.

Surprisingly, the 2013 AT is actually almost the same in the city (like 25) and usually does closer to 37 on the highway at ~80MPH without any use of ECO mode. After how bad the 2009 was in the MPG department, I was REALLY impressed with the MPG on both '13 V6's, especially considering the massive power and performance increase.

My 6MT with no VCM and lower gearing won't do better than about 33 on the highway and can do about 25MPG City if I keep my foot out of it, and keep the revs low. But who wants to do that? Haha.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          In a moment of brilliance I totalled my G at a track day. Looking to get one of these hopefully Saturday if I like it on the test drivie. Gas mileage is not gonna be great but it's only rated 1 MPG worse than the G and I'm planning to keep my foot out of it, very unlike the G.

They are dead reliable and have plenty of one owner low mileage examples... only thing I would avoid is the air suspension. They go every 40-60K miles and cost $700 a corner to replace. Otherwise it's basically like maintaining 2 Camrys. My only concern is it doesn't look like the SWB version is much roomier inside than the G and I need room to run my daughter's child seat. But it looks like a nice cruiser. Process of elimination lead me to it. Don't want another Infiniti; old German flagships are maintenance nightmares (and they only just started making the 740i again); Maxima CVT is problematic; old Genesis/Equus have no path to Android etc.
          Oh wow, when did that happen?

Thankfully you are ok, im assuming.

Yea, aside from the air suspension, there was not a lot of flack that I could find on this model. The review I read, borrowed the car for one year and did a 4 state trip with it, and aside from a door window issue, and a trunk release issue, they had 0 problems. They had to replace a tire and fix a crack in the windshield, both problems any car can have obviously.

Other than a smaller trunk on some models(for the seats), they said the ride was amazing and the interior was DEAD quiet. I would like that a lot, as ive only had Honda's and their cabins are never quiet.

They also said the air ride equipped models are "superfluous" Im assuming because the non-air ride equipped ones ride so good.

Im just wondering if it would be worth the extra money to get an AWD model?

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
          I guess they weren't kidding when they said "mild hyrbid"

We used to do 33-34 Highway pretty easily at ~80MPH in the '04 and '06, and both averaged about 26-27 City.

Surprisingly, the 2013 AT is actually almost the same in the city (like 25) and usually does closer to 37 on the highway at ~80MPH without any use of ECO mode. After how bad the 2009 was in the MPG department, I was REALLY impressed with the MPG on both '13 V6's, especially considering the massive power and performance increase.

My 6MT with no VCM and lower gearing won't do better than about 33 on the highway and can do about 25MPG City if I keep my foot out of it, and keep the revs low. But who wants to do that? Haha.
          Yea I average between 30-37 on my 2013 EX CVT with 65k miles.

Really depends on my mood and weather I think lol.

I have gotten 40mpg once.

Never less than 30 though.

I do mostly highway, even though its mostly 2 lane rural roads, but there is probably 7 traffic lights for 30 miles and I do around 50-60mph usually.

Comment

I punked out and got a Kia Optima. In retrospect, I probably should have got an ES350 or TLX. But life is nothing if it's not an adventure Gas seems to be creeping up and I've already done 2 ~20MPG premium cars. Taking this as a hedge.

Crash happened 5/2. I'm OK. Mainly my ego and wallet that took the hit.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Glory, how did the insurance handle that? This is what I've been wondering, aside from you being ok. I mean, I'm sure they don't like "Well I took my car to the race track, and totaled it."
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I punked out and got a Kia Optima. In retrospect, I probably should have got an ES350 or TLX. But life is nothing if it's not an adventure Gas seems to be creeping up and I've already done 2 ~20MPG premium cars. Taking this as a hedge.

Crash happened 5/2. I'm OK. Mainly my ego and wallet that took the hit.
                Oh ok, well that's good.

Kias are nice!

I would rock one!

I am assuming you bought new/CPO?

Can't really argue that over a 2007 model Lexus etc.

There were a lot of fun cars I could have bought 3 years ago, but my 2013 was barely 3 years old and it felt "new" to me and I really have no complaints, other than wishing it was a 6-6.

Comment

They are basically a Maxima with a different badge. Compared to Lexus they are not luxury. There is an open recall for these concerning the hybrid system overheating and shutting down the vehicle (including while in motion). There is a recall for the vehicle losing 1 of the 2 TPS signals, causing it to go in fail safe mode, and if it get the signal back it can cause the throttle to open, regardless of input from the pedal. IF you EVER decide to replace the hybrid battery yourself know that it is VERY dangerous and not to be taken lightly. Those batteries are 300V and CAN kill you, when we work on hybrid systems we are requires to use a class 0 insulation mat to stand on as well as class 0 gloves and stuff. The interiors are cheap as hell, the CVT trannies they have are total crap, (they keep them in stock at the dealer if that tell you how common it is), and personally i think they are ugly as homemade sin.

Just my .02

To speak on the IS250, they are really unimpressive and they have a major issue with the electronic steering to the point where it is dang near a class action lawsuit. The steering will just go out, at the most random of times, the way Lexus says to fix this is to replace the steering control module and steering gear (the whole rack) and update will the latest software, but it will happen again, there is not a permanent fix issued for this yet.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Maxima?

Comment

yep, VQ35 engine, CVT trans. 1 front wheel the other rear, but both CVT with similar issues.
                      Last edited by Size9zombie; 05-15-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post

Glory, how did the insurance handle that? This is what I've been wondering, aside from you being ok. I mean, I'm sure they don't like "Well I took my car to the race track, and totaled it."
                        I'll just say we're working on it. No insurance fraud

They do offer policies at the track. If I weren't such an idiot I would have bought one.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I'll just say we're working on it. No insurance fraud

They do offer policies at the track. If I weren't such an idiot I would have bought one.
                          Glad to hear they are at least working with you on it. I was kind of afraid they would just be like, well you did something dumb and now you get to pay for it.

Also glad that your alright after wrecking the G.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                            yep, VQ35 engine, CVT trans. 1 front wheel the other rear, but both CVT with similar issues.
                            The M35h has a 7 speed auto, though. No CVT in that one, unless I read wrong.

Comment

You're right, I looked it up. I musta been thinkin of another vehicle or something, idk, runnin on 2 hrs sleep sry.

Comment

Alldata shows those open recalls for that vehicle though.

Comment

Working...
                                X