Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

all wheel drive..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all wheel drive..

any one ever attempt an all wheel drive cb7?
    F UR K
    MRT- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post2804186

no. you'd have to adapt the awd running gear from another car and weld in pretty much a whole new undercarriage, more than likely tweaking the chassis beyond usability unless you were extremely careful and were a very good, professional quality fabricator. if you dont modify the stock running gear from another car, you're looking at a $100,000 custom fabricated gear box/transfer case similar to whats in chris rado's AWD TC.

it would be awesome to see, but way more trouble than its worth

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

lolz... it would be cheaper to go out buy a WRX... AND swap a K in your CB

Comment

what about useing parts from a all wheel drive crv?
        F UR K

Comment

You'd need to fit an AWD transmission, cut a driveshaft tunnel through the length of the floor, most likely reroute brake and fuel lines, and essentially engineer a brand new rear setup. You'd probably need a modified fuel tank as well.

SERIOUS custom work. If you can't do all the work yourself, you could end up spending tens of thousands of dollars. It'd probably be cheaper to build a full tube frame.

I've thought about it. Probably won't ever attempt it, but the thought has crossed my mind.

Comment

i think it can be done.. throw a fuel cell in the trunk, you would have to cut the middle out of the floor and rebuild a new tunnel to run the drive shaft and exhaust, brake lines run down the side under the driver seat so i dont think they would be a problem.. and then you of course would have to fit the cvr motor and trans..
            F UR K

Comment

It'd be cheaper to import and legalize an AWD 6th gen Accord from Japan.

Comment

yeah but not as fun...
                F UR K

Comment

If you attempt this then, do post as I'm sure most of us would love to see it and the steps required to do so...

Comment

Originally posted by tonytoka1979 View Post
                    yeah but not as fun...
                    and a CRV is fun to drive?

ideas like this are fun on the bench but rarely ever work out in real life.

keep dreaming....

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

what about useing parts from a all wheel drive crv?
                      The CRV is 90% front bias. And that AWD system isn't idea for anything. They did a video of a CRV vs. Subaru under ice/snow conditions.

Comment

I think this idea is an ok one if, like already stated, have the cash to do it.

The only reason, i think, this was brought up is because its become pretty
                        common with EF Civic guys to use CRV parts and make an AWD Civic.

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
                          I think this idea is an ok one if, like already stated, have the cash to do it.

The only reason, i think, this was brought up is because its become pretty
                          common with EF Civic guys to use CRV parts and make an AWD Civic.
                          hmmm got pics of one?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                            hmmm got pics of one?
                            I dont think this is the one i found originally but...here is one atleast!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1894506

Comment

i think it can be done.. throw a fuel cell in the trunk, you would have to cut the middle out of the floor and rebuild a new tunnel to run the drive shaft and exhaust, brake lines run down the side under the driver seat so i dont think they would be a problem.. and then you of course would have to fit the cvr motor and trans..
                              honestly man, if you even have to ask the question i can garauntee that you do not have the capabilities to do this.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X