CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Old 05-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #141
timmy0tool
Accord of the Month: April 2006

timmy0tool is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to timmy0tool
love this build, especially the push to start button and location! so nice!!!
1cor10:31
- 92 LX coupe
- 96 EX wagon (sold)
timmy0tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:28 AM   #142
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
ĎTwas 40% off at pap this holiday weekend. I found mucho CRV lighted switches. A set of red and clear sedan tails for a future project. Got a CD6 steering column also for a future project. Another A11 controller and variable intermittent wiper stalk. And some other goodies for projects. Here are some lighted switches Iím building. The master sedan ones are tedious to make. Coupe is easy. Finding the window lock switch with the ďONĒ writing still very clear is incredibly hard to find.
I scoured two yards today to find the two pictured. Btw the coupe set is for sale. Hit me up.

~Mark~
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:25 AM   #143
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Are you going to be selling these?
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #144
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Jarrett, I will be building more sets to sell. Plus Iím souping up black leather SE door panels I have with the lighted switches in red and the og EDM red door light covers. All 4 for sale. Should look EVIL

~Mark~
Old 06-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #145
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Got a new project Iíve been working on.

Itís a 06 TSX steering wheel. I saw one of these on a rhd CB a while back and I loved it. Had to have one. I had to score a Honda airbag to match the car of course. It does require a CD6 Accord steering column. I have one that I have modified to fit the TSX clock spring. I gotta have all the functions on the steering wheel working also. The buttons are lighted as well. But they are amber and not that bright. All of the circled pieces on the boards in the pic below are the smdís I need to remove and replace with blue lighted smdís. That will be fun. They are small but I think I can handle it.

Iíve figured out all of the wiring for the cruise control and am modifying a plug from the back of a CC switch so I donít have to cut the original wiring.

The rest of the wires go to the volume and track/station controls on the left side of the wheel. Thatís the easy stuff. I just need a good stereo now lol. Iím thinking one of those New Kenwoods with apple car play. Here is the harness that comes from the clock spring below. My TSX map/homelink I put in a while back also has a microphone I will wire in to this setup for the hands free calls etc.

~Mark~
Old 06-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #146
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
You're like the proactive version of me who's actually doing the things I halfway finish. I have an '04-'08 TSX wheel and column I'm putting in, and have about 75% of the wiring done. cp[mike] was helping me on the stuff I'm still struggling with. While I decided against full on baller status like you with the volume control/Bluetooth/cruise control, I did want to add newer combination switches. So that's where I'm at right now.

Looks great!

Also, PM me when you get ready to sell one of those coupe window switches. I'll even send over all of my coupe and CR-V switch parts from when I was going to make one.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #147
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Looks good man.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #148
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Jarrett, I was thinking that I needed to do at least the combination switches and their mount to get the clock spring and wheel to work also. I opted out of all that when I found a way to modify the CD6 column so it all works with combination switches already in the car. I honestly don’t like the look, feel or flat blackish color of the TSX combination switches. Plus I didn’t want to change my variable intermittent wiper mod already done. The 2006 TSX wheel I think is the best out of all the earlier years of the TSX. 2004 has no lighting on the wheel and the buttons are all silver. 2005 is lighted but still the thinner wheel without the extra bumps for grip.
You gotta use the TSX clock spring for sure if you want any of the wheel equipped electronics to work. Otherwise you’re repinning and soldering a bunch of shit for a pretty simple mod.

~Mark~
Old 06-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #149
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Oh also, the CD6 column has almost the same surrounding plastics as the CB’s. For guys using those caveman keyed ignitions it’ll take a little modifying to get that all lined up. But since I have a push button start it’s easy peasy. Just pop the button in the CD hole and I’m done. I think all of it matches better when just changing the steering wheel and everything around it stays basically the same.

~Mark~
Old 06-17-2018, 12:56 AM   #150
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

laloquera is cool... so far.
I have not seen such an awesome post like this one in a great while. Good job on the overkill projects. Keep them coming.
laloquera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:11 AM   #151
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Got the complete CD column here modified to accept the TSX clockspring then put together with some small trimming on the plastic surrounds behind the steering wheel. It all came out pretty decent.

One thing I have heard a few times before with this mod and that I am also experiencing now is the slight rubbing between the back of the steering wheel and the plastic surrounds just behind the wheel. It’s not bad. Nothing will hang up. I don’t really see a good fix for it though. As you can see in the pic below it’s a tight fit.

Below is the plug built to connect to the green plug for the CC. The solid black wire bending out is a ground to the fuse panel and is only used for the light on the CC button. The light green and blk/red wires are for the CC on/off on the wheel. The other two, red and red/blk are obviously for lighting which is very convenient since the steering wheel buttons are lighted. The CC “set” , “resume” And horn are on their own harness that plugs into the bottom of the CB clock spring. Wiring them in is as simple as cutting the plug off and soldering the wires.

~Mark~

Last edited by NH-503P-3; 06-17-2018 at 01:13 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: